: Dashboard Dimmer Switch

h3rmes
05-19-13, 05:40 PM
Folks,

At night, my dimmer switch is set to maximum and I can not control how dim or bright to make the dashboard lights. Is there a quick fix for this problem I can do on my own. Seems like an easy fix or I might be over looking a configuration in Cue?

Thanks,
H3rmes

GJB
05-20-13, 06:49 AM
Have you tried the wheel switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel directly below the vent? I do not believe there are any cue settings for this function.

h3rmes
05-20-13, 12:35 PM
Have you tried the wheel switch on the dash to the left of the steering wheel directly below the vent? I do not believe there are any cue settings for this function.

Yeah that is one that does not work. I move it the wheel up and down but the brightness remains the same.

romanats
05-20-13, 02:22 PM
take it to the dealer

Rozay619
05-20-13, 06:16 PM
^^^^ What Roman said, take the caddy to the dealer.... But, the wheel will dim the display, i had to lower mine all the way down due to a reflection from my window tint.

73JPS
05-20-13, 09:34 PM
You might check CUE under Settings - Display - Mode. Under Mode the display can be set to "Auto", "Day", or "Night". Perhaps if it is set to "Day" it affects the dimming of the entire dash? Dunno, but worth a shot to check, anyway.

pissedoffwookiee
05-20-13, 11:13 PM
You might check CUE under Settings - Display - Mode. Under Mode the display can be set to "Auto", "Day", or "Night". Perhaps if it is set to "Day" it affects the dimming of the entire dash? Dunno, but worth a shot to check, anyway.

this is missing on mine

GJB
05-21-13, 10:23 AM

Good thinking. The turn signal on my car were loud when I picked it up and I finaly figured our CUE,Settings,Chimes. Chimes would only go down to 21 but what a diffrence from what it was set at.

h3rmes
05-21-13, 12:34 PM

Thanks! I will check this out later tonight.

73JPS
05-22-13, 05:17 PM
It just occurred to me that it's possible your headlight switch may also not be in the "auto" position: if so the headlights aren't coming on at night, and hence the dashboard dimmer will have no effect. If all your driving is in town, you might not notice that the headlights aren't on. 'Cuz, you know... I've never done that ;)

h3rmes
05-23-13, 06:48 PM
It just occurred to me that it's possible your headlight switch may also not be in the "auto" position: if so the headlights aren't coming on at night, and hence the dashboard dimmer will have no effect. If all your driving is in town, you might not notice that the headlights aren't on. 'Cuz, you know... I've never done that ;)

Actually, I keep the headlights on AUTO. When I move the dimmer switch up and down, nothing happens. I think this is a trip to the dealer.

73JPS
05-24-13, 01:27 AM
Actually, I keep the headlights on AUTO. When I move the dimmer switch up and down, nothing happens. I think this is a trip to the dealer.

Well, glad you've checked the (not so) obvious... Let us know how it goes and what the problem is (was). Good luck!

GJB
05-24-13, 03:21 PM
I have been trying different settings and I did notice that my dimmer switch is inop during daylight regardless of lights being on or on auto. It appears to be tied into the light sensor on the top center dash. At night or when I pull into the garage the dimmer switch works and that’s the only veritable I've changed.

Trailblazer
10-28-13, 10:44 AM
I know this thread is stale, but I want to state what I have found. In the 2014 ATS, the dimmer control has no effect during daylight. It works as intended after dark. My guess is that the Cadillac engineers did not think dimming is needed during the day.