: Cranking issue when putting gas in

nocarknowledge
05-19-13, 10:21 AM
My car has trouble cranking when I add gas. No other time. It doesn't matter if tank is 1/2 full or empty. It will sputter and die and then crank on second or third try. It's a 2009 CTS. I have had nothing but problems with this car. It also slips and catches when accelerating once I am driving. I have had multiple recalls (starter had to be replaced cause car would not turn off, headlight wiring, plus another few recall issues Plus the sunroof leaks, the a/c fan when out, and now a design problem with the oil something and a fan rubbing and small amounts of oil spraying out. Is all this for real on a brand new car or am u getting ripped off. What could really be wrong now - dont know who to trust.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-19-13, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the forum nocarknowledge!

We're very sorry that you have not had a fully satisfactory experience with your CTS and we see that you've had several issues addressed on your vehicle in the past. Has all of this been performed at the dealership? We're available to check into this further on your behalf. If you like, please contact us privately with more information (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, the name of your dealership, and a summary of the situation).

Regards,
Sarah
Cadillac Customer Care

nocarknowledge
05-20-13, 06:47 AM
Yes work has been completed at dealerships. I have used Massey Cadillac in Orlando. The first starter issue was also when traveling and stranded me in leesburg Florida at a baseball game and had to use the dealership there. The Ocala Cadillac dealership where I bought it also worked on it. Finally the fan was replaced in Orlando. 90114738 are last of vin.

OMG
05-20-13, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear your troubles. Sounds like you have an issue with the fuel pump or possibily a dirty fuel tank. Going to have to take it to the dealershiop again and they will probably drop the fuel tank.

C "T" ess
05-20-13, 12:18 PM
It sounds like; when things can't get worse they do. It's hard to be happy when you are constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. I would find a dealer that you have confidence in. I have always been happy with Ed Morse here in tampa. Make up a list of all of the car's problems and attempted repairs. Try to get the dealer to have the field representative look at the car (that's a difficult thing to do, because they talk about them but have never seen one.) If you can get one person to look at all the problems on your list at one time, maybe they can see a pattern and start over from there. I sure hope you can finally get the car to be reliable so you can enjoy it.

tinman
05-20-13, 12:23 PM
Doe this occur in the morning after the car has sat for a while? Or is it only when filling the tank? Wondering if the fuel rail has a leakdown issue, if these cars have that type of system. It occurred on another vehicle I owned. Otherwise, when you release pressure from the gas cap during fillup time, it could be related to your fuel pump as OMG mentioned.

Your trans issue...slipping and catching...does this occur in all gears when upshifting, or just a couple of shifts such as 2 to 3 and 4 to 5, for example? I just took my car in last week for a slipping issue and they still have it in there. They told me it was an internal leak, and that is all the information that I have at this time. I described my transmission to the service tech as a Powerglide. Now, for you whippersnappers, a Powerglide was a two speed transmission available in the 50's and I had one in an old beater '57 Chevy. It takes off in first and goes forever and then, clunk (heads snap) and it went into second (high) gear. I also knew a girl back then with a nickname of Powerglide. It will cost you a beer to hear about her.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-20-13, 01:25 PM
Yes work has been completed at dealerships. I have used Massey Cadillac in Orlando. The first starter issue was also when traveling and stranded me in leesburg Florida at a baseball game and had to use the dealership there. The Ocala Cadillac dealership where I bought it also worked on it. Finally the fan was replaced in Orlando. 90114738 are last of vin.

Hello nocarknowledge,

I am Laura M. and also assist on these forums. I see you have had your fan replaced in Orlando. Are there additional concerns with your vehicle that you will be going to the dealership for? I would like to stay involved throughout your process and make sure you are satisfied with the outcome. You can private message us and we can continue our interactions that way.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

EVH5150
05-25-13, 05:42 AM
Lol! The Girl with the nickname.
Doe this occur in the morning after the car has sat for a while? Or is it only when filling the tank? Wondering if the fuel rail has a leakdown issue, if these cars have that type of system. It occurred on another vehicle I owned. Otherwise, when you release pressure from the gas cap during fillup time, it could be related to your fuel pump as OMG mentioned.

Your trans issue...slipping and catching...does this occur in all gears when upshifting, or just a couple of shifts such as 2 to 3 and 4 to 5, for example? I just took my car in last week for a slipping issue and they still have it in there. They told me it was an internal leak, and that is all the information that I have at this time. I described my transmission to the service tech as a Powerglide. Now, for you whippersnappers, a Powerglide was a two speed transmission available in the 50's and I had one in an old beater '57 Chevy. It takes off in first and goes forever and then, clunk (heads snap) and it went into second (high) gear. I also knew a girl back then with a nickname of Powerglide. It will cost you a beer to hear about her.