: Arrest made on my property !

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 02:38 PM
Lately there has been a problem in my "hood". We have kids that come down to florida from georiga on behalf of a comapny in georgia. These kids go door to door in our neiborhood claiming to be someone kids up the street (they find a house number and street name to use) . After they say who they are and "where" they live they tell us about this great deal there gonna give us on books. The books are always stuff people have. So they say that if we buy the books the company will send them tot he school of our choice. So a few months back we did it , had them send the bookt o a local school. We decided to check to see if the books made it. They didnt . 2 weeks ago 2 kids come to the front door with the same damn story. I didnt know what was going on so i talked to them for a bit about what they were offering and bid them goodnight , being polite the whole time. Dad asked who they were and i told him , he then told me to chase them down and stall them till he could phone the police. We did find them but then lost them due to a miscommunication. Fast forward 1 week later. 2 More kids showed up to the door , same damn story again. This time we were ready , we stalled the kids for llong enoughf or the police to get to the door. The police asked a few questions and one fo the kids slipped up and said he was from georiga and worked for the same comany that ripped us off a few months ago and the same comapny that almost got me last week. They arrested the kids on my front porch . Took them to jail and immediatly relsesed them.

Im wondering if the kids are gonna come back to the house and try to get revenge ....

Also wondering about investing in a little "protection" .....FMJ style .....

I alwayd felt safe in my area , but if we are going to continue haveing kids arreseted on the property im gonna have to worry about some dumb ass trying to get us back for haveing him taken away.

I also wonder if these kids really know what they are doing ...I mean if they think there really selling books and not rippin people off then thats kinda bad im havin them arrested ...

SHERIFF
01-14-05, 02:43 PM
Also wondering about investing in a little "protection" .....FMJ style ..... ...

I guess you're kidding. :hmm:

There's nothing on your property worth going to jail for life over, as in a murder charge.

Invest in a real nice German Shepherd.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 02:51 PM
LOL ....yah kiddin .....but i am wondering about what to do with 2 kids that comes back full of anger for being carted off ....The police have beatter things to do with there time then come out to my house for dumb stuff like this ....Anymore im not healthy enough to fend off 2 angry teens at once ....

Truth be told i dont like wepaons in the house .....We got a kickass alarm system .....and a 4.8 lb ankle biter ......but the german shep would be nice ....

RBraczyk
01-14-05, 03:38 PM
Bball bat and a german shep will do ya good.

BeelzeBob
01-14-05, 04:02 PM
Run outside with a chainsaw and that should be the end of it. Open the door with the chainsaw in your hand. If that's not enough, start it. If that's not enough, run at them with it. If that's not enough, keep the chainsaw in your hand and kick them off your properly with your feet.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 04:04 PM
good thing i got that chainsaw running again !

klebrun
01-14-05, 04:05 PM
You might be able to invest in a taser or mace...something along those lines. I have a Ruger .357 Blackhawk for protection in our apartment. My wife didn't like it until a lady was mugged outside of our building while going to her car. Obviously I would only use it if someone actually broke into our apartment. I would not go outside toting it around trying to scare someone or shoot it off in an unwarranted situation. I live in a very safe neighborhood, so I know how you feel. One thing to understand, is that these kids are bringing this crap to you, and they need to know that they can't mess with you without consequences.

It's a tought situation to be in. If you don't do something about it, it could escalate into something more serious. If you do something about it, it could result in retaliation. Either way, you will end up having to do something about it. Hell, just saying no thank you to them could piss them off enough to retaliate, since they couldn't get any money out of you.

It would be a good idea to talk to some of your neighbors about this. I've heard of plenty of neighborhood watch programs that have kept areas safe, but I've never heard of any "no-neighborhood watch" programs that have worked. Maybe you and your neighbors could have a meeting with the police and establish some action guidelines. The key is not to be afraid to do something about it. You all have much more power behind you than these thugs do.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 04:17 PM
yah we orgnaized the neiborbood watch 3 years ago , dads the president of that and the neiborhood assoc ....so we end up doing this kind of thing alot , but its the first time we had someone carted off OUR property...seems once a week someone calls us before the cops ...we usualy go have a look and stuff but rarely do we catch people like this .....Every halloween im on duty for the street , nothing big ...i sit out by the caddy with a cooler full of beer awaiting the little punks that vandalize ....Ive run a few of them out in my drunken stooper .....

The caddy has been seeing a little to much "cruiser/persuit" duty lately ...Plus the doc said i need to watch getting excited with the blood pressure and all....After this arrest thing went down the other night i got inside , sat down and went out cold .....woke up 14 hours later ..... So i gotta find easier ways to go about this stuff ....

Elvis
01-14-05, 04:24 PM
How about just not answering the door when you see kids like that again?

We get them at my office all the time. From out of state, traveling in groups of four with a "supervisor" who slowly follows them in a car. They're about 19, he's about 22. He smokes constantly.

They're carrying napsacks full of watered-down "all-purpose cleaner." Sometimes it's cheap toolkits made in Bumf*ck Siam or someplace.

The WORST group we get every year is the pickup truck full of oranges and grapefruits. They come up from Florida and usually show up in late January/early February. The "boss" is probably only about 40, but he looks 60 and smells like he just smoked three packs of Camels (no filter). Dark tan, missing teeth, greasy black hair with specks of gray, and eyes so blue they look almost white. He gives you this STARE when you tell him "no, thank you." Scares the crap out of me. Talk about "Dueling Banjos!" I can almost hear that music when they walk thru the door.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 04:31 PM
hahaha ..reminds me of this one time ...

Had this girl come to the door slinging that all purpose cleaner ....First she wanted to use it on my caddy. I said dont touch the car. Then she did something that blew me away ...she said "oh its safe" unscrewed the lid of the solvent and drank the whole thing shotgun style...Never seen anything like it ....I promtly told her to stay put and got her a big ass glass of water to dilute the stuff and offerd to call poison controll ...she shrugged and walked away .....I hope she made it home , never saw her again ......

Elvis
01-14-05, 04:37 PM
There are TWO bottles. One they drink from, the other will eat the paint off of your Caddy.

I have about 3 oz. of "Solvoil" that was left over from when Service Master cleaned our office (after the 2002 fire). That is some AMAZING sh!t. It's citrus-based, but it will eat through plastic if you leave it on there long enough.

I hear it's also good for ringworm and the crabs.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 04:38 PM
There are TWO bottles. One they drink from, the other will eat the paint off of your Caddy.

I hear it's also good for ringworm and the crabs.

Ahh she looked like she was drinking it for that purpose :histeric:

D148L0
01-14-05, 04:42 PM
The "boss" is probably only about 40, but he looks 60 and smells like he just smoked three packs of Camels (no filter). Dark tan, missing teeth, greasy black hair with specks of gray, and eyes so blue they look almost white. He gives you this STARE when you tell him "no, thank you." Scares the crap out of me. Talk about "Dueling Banjos!" I can almost hear that music when they walk thru the door.
HO, ho, ho...

BeelzeBob
01-14-05, 04:42 PM
This must be within the top 10 strangest discussions on this forum...

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 04:45 PM
welcome to my world sal ......strange seems to be the norm ....

Ralph
01-14-05, 04:54 PM
FMJ=lawsuit

chainsaw=lawsuit

german shepherd=possible lawsuit?

If it's true you can sue for anything down there I'd be careful and scared to look at anyone funny! j/k

seriously I would do what my Stepdad would do in this situation with that steely, glaring, angry look that scares the crud out of car salesmen and evil dooers, say "GET THE HELL OFF OF MY PROPERTY BEFORE I COME OVER THERE AND KICK YOUR A$$!

If they coax you, start to walk toward them swiftly, and I bet you never see them again because word will spread among their group.

I hope they don't do anything because some kids love revenge, especially in a peer group, and the worse we had at our house as a kid was a crab apple attack from some other neighbouring kids. Hard to wash off too. :madtalkin

BeelzeBob
01-14-05, 05:02 PM
Would the chainsaw be a lawsuit even if you don't touch them with it? That would suck...

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 05:07 PM
for sure , pain and suffering from wetting themselves

Ralph
01-14-05, 05:10 PM
Would the chainsaw be a lawsuit even if you don't touch them with it? That would suck...

Couldn't that be considered "threat with intent" or "threat with a weapon?"

I could imagine the prosecuting lawyer eating that up and loving it by saying, "well the homeowner branished a chainsaw and there was no tree or hedge to trim in the front yard?! What was it out for then!?"

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 05:15 PM
I do have a sapling in the yard .....

Ralph
01-14-05, 05:18 PM
I do have a sapling in the yard .....

LAWYER:

"Well Mr. Stoney, how many trees do you trim with a chainsaw?! As far as I thought, trees were trimmed with pruning clippers or a hedge trimmer specifically for trees/hedges?!" "A chain saw is for larger trees, were you planning to cut down your beautiful orange tree?"

"I THINK NOT!"

:p

Maybe there is a lawyer here who can comment? (1toycad??)

I would yell at them and see what happens?

RBraczyk
01-14-05, 06:12 PM
Just walk to the door in your boxers with your hand down your pants and ask "can I help you?" while scratching. I've done it to the people who sling their religions at my front door.

klebrun
01-14-05, 06:18 PM
Was working on chainsaw, got it running and decided to test it outside instead of in the garage for fear of carbon monoxide poisoning. Just happened to be testing it when these upstanding young individuals walked by. :D

Ralph
01-14-05, 06:24 PM
Was working on chainsaw, got it running and decided to test it outside instead of in the garage for fear of carbon monoxide poisoning. Just happened to be testing it when these upstanding young individuals walked by. :D

That might work! Just make sure he doesn't wear a white goalie hockey mask as he "fires 'er up." :lildevil:

If it was Halloween, maybe you could get away with impersonating JASON. :p

Sinister Angel
01-14-05, 06:45 PM
FMJ? Tsk Tsk. I recommend Speer Gold Dot!

Stoneage_Caddy
01-14-05, 06:50 PM
been wondering if youd chime in dude .....gold dot ...LOL

Sinister Angel
01-14-05, 10:44 PM
been wondering if youd chime in dude .....gold dot ...LOL

Dude, the price is right for 165 and 180 Gr. on ammoman.com! :D