: Cannot get to main forum page

Dadillac
05-19-13, 12:16 AM
As of this morning I cannot access the main forum page. I have that page bookmarked in Firefox. When I click on my bookmark after about a half a minute a message pops up that says "I cannot connect to the database.". Am I the only one getting this message? I have had to google a forum topic to get on here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Don

MrHolland
05-19-13, 12:22 AM
Problem has been reported and hopefully will be resolved soon.

Dadillac
05-19-13, 12:24 AM
Thanks at least I know my computer is okay. So how are we to access this site in the interim. Took me quite a while to get here

Don

orconn
05-19-13, 12:42 AM
I had the same problem with the Main Forums page. I just have the "Community Lounge" as my default stting and I have had no trouble going to that page from Explorer.

talismandave
05-19-13, 01:49 AM
Glad to hear that too! I am having other problems with my new window 8 laptop, grabbed my old one and that came up! :lol:

They both about went off the balcony!

Submariner409
05-19-13, 11:33 AM
It's still messed up as of 1015 this morning, EDT. I've reported it to Admin by Googling different forums and functions - if you want to go to Seville, open a new tab in your browser and Google "cadillac forums past vehicle discussion" click on the first link that comes up in the Google site. That takes you to the general forum from where you can go through all the past vehicle sub-forums but you cannot use the "Cadillac Forums"tab to go elsewhere - you must leave the past vehicles tab there, open a new tab, and Google "cadillac forums general Discussion". Click on that and you get to the Lounge, Engines, Item Specific, etc. forums. To go back to Seville, you click the browser tab, not the site tabs. PITA.

The problem appears to be restricted to computers - laptops and PC's - other members using phones and tablet apps don't seem to have the problem.

EDIT at 1305 EDT - Just received a PM from one of our Administrators - he's having the same problems, so now it moves to higher authority.

CTSCHICK
05-19-13, 04:05 PM
I have had it happen a couple times in the past couple days.

Easy way to bypass it and get through is use a net search like Cadillac Forums then followed by whatever section you are trying to browse like Cadillac Forums Lounge and it will show up on the net search and that link will allow you in to that section

talismandave
05-19-13, 11:19 PM
I have been using the "Cadillac Model Discussions"(in red letters) at the bottom of the header to get everywhere except lounge.

Submariner409
05-20-13, 12:30 PM
Still down at 1120 EDT 05/20

Here are links to some of the most used forums for some members - not all. You can get to your forum by Googling something like "cadillac forums current vehicles" and finding the link that way. You can save these links to "Unsorted Bookmarks" in Firefox. Hopefully, the Admin people in the sky will get to the problem sometime today.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/past-cadillac-vehicle-discussion/

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/registration-problems-site-related-issues/

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/general-discussion/

vincentm
05-20-13, 01:16 PM
Looks like a problem wth the database

RippyPartsDept
05-20-13, 01:34 PM
also errors when trying to access member profiles or any other section of a member's profile (like likes)

Aztec ETC ECS
05-20-13, 02:20 PM
Bet that damn Sebring Club is hacking us.

Submariner409
05-20-13, 02:32 PM
There are several in-site and gmail messages, as well as reported and dedicated posts, sent to the Admins. No luck as of 1330 EDT.

thebigjimsho
05-20-13, 05:49 PM
The mobile app has no issues...

gothicaleigh
05-20-13, 06:25 PM
Reads fine in Tapatalk on my phone, but I can't pull up the forums main page in any browser on my PC

thebigjimsho
05-20-13, 06:29 PM
Reads fine in Tapatalk on my phone, but I can't pull up the forums main page in any browser on my PC

It's because you were banned for non-participation.

Submariner409
05-21-13, 08:42 AM
Many parts of the CF site - main page links, profiles, some functions - are still dead as of 0740 EDT this morning. Going on 4 days now.

See Posts 6 and 7 for an inconvenient workaround.

Hoosier Daddy
05-21-13, 11:51 AM
Many parts of the CF site - main page links, profiles, some functions - are still dead as of 0740 EDT this morning. Going on 4 days now.
Anyone know if the site has been abandoned?

Submariner409
05-21-13, 02:03 PM
I PM'd 4 regular members - who are not paid supporters. All but one logs into CF by using a saved link to the forum(s) they normally post in.

The fourth logs in through the main CF blue page - and the center link to "Cadillac Discussions" gives the same blank page with message at top left.

dkozloski
05-21-13, 03:03 PM
Anyone know if the site has been abandoned?You can ping Cadillacforums.com and get a return so the site is still registered.

Hoosier Daddy
05-21-13, 03:23 PM
You can ping Cadillacforums.com and get a return so the site is still registered.
That's not what I asked. I asked if it was abandoned. GMconnects is still registered but was abandoned by its owners in 2012. The site is still there but links don't work. The owners didn't even have the courtesy of turning it off or posting a notice on the site.

dkozloski
05-21-13, 04:10 PM
Has anybody contacted Sal?

Florian
05-21-13, 04:26 PM
it is up and running as of 3p today

F

MrHolland
05-21-13, 04:27 PM
Esteemed Cadillac owners, site supporters and members, please report any problems you may have. Thank you!!!

dkozloski
05-21-13, 04:31 PM
Alright who's the culprit? Does anybody have the guts to "fess up". There's some splainin' to do.

RippyPartsDept
05-21-13, 04:49 PM
i'm getting some malware warnings (from google)

if i google search for a thread a want the google result is often either an archive (t-xxxxxx) link or a printable (xxx-print.html) link

when i click the link to switch to regular forum view it quickly loads the page and then i get the google malware warning

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4978/stimpcomalware.jpg

google's safe browsing site says that stimpco.com (which our forums links to somewhere/somehow) is hosting malware from nt-stats.cz.cc
google found 39 exploits ... so not good

http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=stimpco.com/

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7991/safebrowsingc.jpg

so what does this all mean?

I'm not quite sure really since I haven't delved into the code to find out what exactly is going on
and frankly AutoGuide has people on payroll to deal with this kind of stuff
and thats probably why the forum is broken right now

two possible scenarios come to mind
1 - the forum's been hacked and they're trying to fix it
2 - or the admins have disabled some stuff to prevent the forum from being hacked

either way is not really good but 1 is much worse since that would mean that and unknown number of forum members are probably infected

anyone else have any thoughts, or maybe the admins might feel like clueing us in to what's going on

dkozloski
05-21-13, 05:19 PM
I got a reply from my obscene PM that indicates that they are totally clueless that anything has been wrong.

RippyPartsDept
05-21-13, 05:51 PM
well the evidence i just posted says otherwise ... one would think that an organization such as AutoGuide would run a bit tighter ship

MrHolland
05-21-13, 06:18 PM
Your concerns have been elevated.

Submariner409
05-21-13, 06:22 PM
Tonight is deep scan night ...................

dkozloski
05-21-13, 07:11 PM
Let's hope the scan is not that of the bottom of a bottle of Kentucky bourbon.

Submariner409
05-21-13, 08:18 PM
My bottle NEVER gets to below half full - 1.75 liter jugs and funnels work very well ................

"Hey, Jim - You got any bourbon ?"
"Yep - right here."
"Damn - it's half full !"
"Been that way for years ....... !"

Try a fifth of Maker's Mark 46.

RippyPartsDept
05-21-13, 08:39 PM
Great. I'm pretty sure I'm all good. Chrome does a good job as evidenced by my documentation posted earlier.

cadillac kevin
05-21-13, 09:03 PM
My bottle NEVER gets to below half full - 1.75 liter jugs and funnels work very well ................

"Hey, Jim - You got any bourbon ?"
"Yep - right here."
"Damn - it's half full !"
"Been that way for years ....... !"

Try a fifth of Maker's Mark 46.

I've had my makers mark for years....it's some good stuff.

Dadillac
05-21-13, 10:16 PM
Well thank God this issue is resolved.

Don

dkozloski
05-21-13, 10:35 PM
The only thing that bourbon is good for is that its production provides the barrels for the manufacture of Scotch whiskey.

C&C
05-22-13, 05:52 AM
The menu index is working for me again, thanks to whomever gave it the fix; not a fan of bourbon either. :)

MoistCabbage
05-22-13, 09:08 AM
At 7:34 this morning, everything posted since ~12:15 A.M. seems to have disappeared.

----------

8:07, they're back now.

Weird.

dkozloski
05-22-13, 01:55 PM
We've been hacked by the IRS. It makes sense. They've hacked everybody else.

talismandave
05-22-13, 10:30 PM
I knew that political section would get us in trouble!

2manyhotrods
06-27-13, 07:07 PM
Happened to me today as I was trying to log in as a newb. Wondered if I screwed up.
Made for a rough ride in here.