: Nothing working in instrument cluster on a 1999 STS I bought last week.

gpaxtell
05-18-13, 09:05 PM
This morning my wife moved her car and later on she went to go to the store and the battery was dead. I used a jump box to start it and the dash lights , climate control lights nor any dash items are working. I did get a code to pull from the ECM and it is code P 1604-c loss of instrument panel computer data. If someone could please point me in the right direction to look for. I checked all the fuses under the Hood at the main power distribution block and all of them checked good. Is there another fuse box on this particular vehicle? Thank You all in advance for helping this first time Caddie owner out !

ddalder
05-18-13, 09:31 PM
If you're sure that you've checked all the fuses you may want to seek advice from the folks in the Seville/Eldorado forum. This forum is only for 2005+ vehicles and although someone here may have an idea, your best source of information will probably be over there. In 2005 these cars changed dramatically.

EChas3
05-18-13, 10:10 PM
We had a '98. Just before we traded it, the intermittant stuff began to drive my wife nuts. (A short trip.)