: Radio just a remote unit?

01-14-05, 11:22 AM
I have a '90 Brougham with the factory tape deck which I would like to replace. I have already replaced the speakers with some higher-end Pioneers, and it sounds alright, but I want to use an aftermarket so I can play CDs. After I talked to a mechanic at my local caddy dealer, he told me the radio was just a remote unit and the amplifier was behind the passenger side of the rear seat. What I would like to know is, is there a way I can access the stock amplifier and run new wires upto a new head unit? If it really is behind the seat, how do I get to it? I've looked around in the trunk area but the only way left seems to be pulling the back seat up. Any help is greatly appreciated.


01-25-05, 04:35 PM
The best way is to use an adapter, like the ones PAC offers.
In this page you'll see the one for your vehicle (middle of page)


01-25-05, 06:30 PM
This is great, but back to the whole name thing, will it work? I technically drive a "1990 Cadillac Brougham", not a fleetwood Brougham. The name was just "Brougham from 1987 till 1993. Is this the right one? If it is, thanks alot, I've finally found a product, and if it isn't, thanks anyways, at least I know there is a product that exists. Thanks for the help,