: Radio just a remote unit?

90Brougham350
01-14-05, 11:22 AM
I have a '90 Brougham with the factory tape deck which I would like to replace. I have already replaced the speakers with some higher-end Pioneers, and it sounds alright, but I want to use an aftermarket so I can play CDs. After I talked to a mechanic at my local caddy dealer, he told me the radio was just a remote unit and the amplifier was behind the passenger side of the rear seat. What I would like to know is, is there a way I can access the stock amplifier and run new wires upto a new head unit? If it really is behind the seat, how do I get to it? I've looked around in the trunk area but the only way left seems to be pulling the back seat up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Brian

D148L0
01-25-05, 04:35 PM
The best way is to use an adapter, like the ones PAC offers.
In this page you'll see the one for your vehicle (middle of page)

http://www.pac-audio.com/oem1kits/roemresults.cfm?roemSearch=GM&Submit=Search+for+ROEM-1+kits

90Brougham350
01-25-05, 06:30 PM
This is great, but back to the whole name thing, will it work? I technically drive a "1990 Cadillac Brougham", not a fleetwood Brougham. The name was just "Brougham from 1987 till 1993. Is this the right one? If it is, thanks alot, I've finally found a product, and if it isn't, thanks anyways, at least I know there is a product that exists. Thanks for the help,

Brian