: "Lucas Oil/ Deep Clean fuel system cleaner"

drod777
05-17-13, 11:04 PM
Has anyone ever used this Lucas product. Everything has been checked on my SRX but still just getting rough idle at stops. So this is my last resort to see if it just needs a good deep clean.......

This is what the product supposedly benefits
Lucas deep clean™ fuel system cleaner is designed to clean the entire intake system and combustion chamber including injectors, piston tops, intake ports, cylinder heads and intake valves. Our product contains special Lucas additives to improve fuel economy, reduce NOx emissions, increase power, acceleration and reduce octane requirement increase allowing the consumer to use lower octane fuel.
Removes carbon deposits and eliminates knocking and pinging
Lubricates fuel pumps and rings for longer cylinder life
This product is low odor, alcohol free and is oxygen sensor safe
Brings sluggish engines back to life

Stillrollin
05-17-13, 11:10 PM
I've never had those products work for me no matter who made them.
BUT, it cleaned up the throttle response on my son's '92 Chevy.

drod777
05-17-13, 11:17 PM
Did you see a big change in your sons Chevy?

n7don_srx
05-17-13, 11:34 PM
Have you cleaned the throttle body? Deposits build up behind the throttle blade and can adversely affect idle. It's a good idea to disconnect the battery before doing this.

drod777
05-17-13, 11:51 PM
Have you cleaned the throttle body? Deposits build up behind the throttle blade and can adversely affect idle. It's a good idea to disconnect the battery before doing this.
Something I will look into for sure. Is it pretty hard to get to ?

repnatl
05-18-13, 02:50 AM
Seafoam through the induction system like the brake booster hose and enjoy all the smoke from old carbon breaking up lol

n7don_srx
05-18-13, 06:47 AM
Something I will look into for sure. Is it pretty hard to get to ?
Nope... just remove the rubber duct/tube that connects to the intake manifold It's the one that comes from your air cleaner and held on with what looks like a big hose clamp.
You can buy a spray can of cleaner at Walmart (or your favorite auto parts store) specifically for cleaning throttle bodies. I suggest doing a web search. There's many links for various engines and brands but the principal is similar.
I'll repeat.... disconnect the battery before doing. Your car's computer has adjusted itself to delivery fuel based on engine parameters presently sensed. If you go from a "dirty" to "clean" throttle body the computer will be supplying fuel based on the "dirty" condition which may not be correct for the "clean" condition.