Playdrv4me
01-13-05, 04:37 PM
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146104

airbalancer
01-13-05, 04:48 PM
exterior not bad, but the red piping I do not care for

Ralph
01-13-05, 04:53 PM
I don't mind that too much. It makes it look like a Cadillac wannabe. :sneaky: It would be worse if the roof was a different color I suppose.

It's not bad though.

Then again :vomit:

Jesda
01-13-05, 05:13 PM
Ugly car with an ugly lid. The Lexus LS430 is what happened when an Acura RL, Cadillac Deville, and mid-90s Mercedes E-class started sleeping together and having offspring. I never liked it, and never will. Uninspired trash.

Playdrv4me
01-13-05, 05:51 PM
Ugly car with an ugly lid. The Lexus LS430 is what happened when an Acura RL, Cadillac Deville, and mid-90s Mercedes E-class started sleeping together and having offspring. I never liked it, and never will. Uninspired trash.

Actually, uninspired yes, but trash no. They are very good cars, just dont have much of a soul. The Acura RL sucks because its only a six, but it definitely is more of a Japanese Deville than anything else. I finally figured out where the exterior styling comes from, and thats the mid-90's Mercedes SL Coupes, whatever they were called, with the pulled back headlights. I consider the new Q45 pretty much the same as the lexus, with less of an interior character than the LS. The exterior likewise looks like a grown up altima. The only really GOOD thing about the new Q is the 340hp V8 in it, every other feature it has has already been matched or outdone by the Lexus, and thats really all those two are good at, is copying eachother, and the competition, and doing it well.

Ralph
01-13-05, 05:59 PM
I think THIS looks like a grown up Altima:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7958

"There’d even been talk of the Q going away, with the M series assuming the role of Infiniti flagship. “Not so,” insists Igo, though there appears to be a lot of debate over what to do with the next Q, with the replacement likely to try to move Infiniti more upmarket."

D148L0
01-13-05, 06:18 PM
I don't like that kind of roof. Not in a lexus, a caddy or any other car for that matter.
The rest of the lexus is also not my taste.

turbojimmy
01-13-05, 07:12 PM
I don't like 'em either, but I think that Lexus roof is better done than some Caddies I've seen. Mine came with one so I had little choice in the matter. It's growing on me.

I saw a Deville in Times Square today that was dark blue metallic with - I'm not making this up - a baby blue carriage top. I wish I had a camera with me.

Jim

c5 rv
01-13-05, 07:27 PM
There was an article last spring about Chrysler objecting to dealers arranging these installs for people on 300s. The dealers ignored Chrysler because so many folks, especially in urban areas, wanted them.

davesdeville
01-13-05, 07:37 PM
I like the red interior accents. Not on a big sedan like that, maybe an ETC or something.

Playdrv4me
01-13-05, 10:10 PM
There was an article last spring about Chrysler objecting to dealers arranging these installs for people on 300s. The dealers ignored Chrysler because so many folks, especially in urban areas, wanted them.

In other words... "Heres a big cup of STFU! Chrysler!"

Playdrv4me
01-13-05, 10:12 PM
I think THIS looks like a grown up Altima:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=7958

"There’d even been talk of the Q going away, with the M series assuming the role of Infiniti flagship. “Not so,” insists Igo, though there appears to be a lot of debate over what to do with the next Q, with the replacement likely to try to move Infiniti more upmarket."

Yea as it stands right now, its just a technology showpiece. But short of squeeze MORE electronic crap in there, how else are they gonna push it anymore upmarket than 70k?? And WHY? Unless they come out with the first Japanese V12 for production, I dont see it. The M has plenty of potential and Im sorry to say the Q never regained the respect it once had, and the M is eating away at any chances it might have of doing so now.

turbojimmy
01-14-05, 06:39 AM

I guess it is an urban thing. I live in the 'burbs and don't see too many with the tops. But on my commute to NYC I pass a dealership in an urban area. Caddies with carriage tops as far as the eye can see. Lots of hideous color combinations. Gold packages, chrome wheels with the fat white walls and gold stripes, etc. Any one of those things by itself is okay but put them all on a Deville and you've got a retina burner.

I read where the execs at Daimler-Chrysler were also horrified that dealers were putting carriage tops on Benzes. Tried to put a stop to that too.

I'm really just more worried about the maintenance on mine rather than the asthetics. You get a rip, tear or a stain and you're in for a pricey repair. Paint is much more resilient to that kind of stuff.

Jim

CoupeDevilleRob
01-14-05, 02:08 PM
I've seen those Caddys Jimmy is talking about, dark blue with a baby blue top. They look like Massachusetts state trooper cars. A lot of limo companies and car services like to give their cars a "distinct" look. They just end up looking horrible. What self respecting business person would want to be seen in a car like that. Just stick to black.