: The Music Thread!

RBraczyk
01-13-05, 03:02 PM
Alrighty people. lets keep this one alive and going.

We can discuss anything music related here, new releases, what you like, whatever.

Topic starter: Ozzfest anyone?

I went two years ago, and Going again this year, anxiously awaiting the new lineup. Anyone else been?

Topic two: What do you like, whatever type of music.

Ralph
01-13-05, 03:06 PM
The Rolling Stones RULE! They are "the greatest rock band in the world," and for how long they have been active, they deserve respect and more!

I've got over 20 of their records from the 1970's alone (collected at that time) and several cassette tapes of the really early stuff.

all for now...

RBraczyk
01-13-05, 03:12 PM
How do you feel about the Knighting of mic jagger?

Ralph
01-13-05, 03:16 PM
How do you feel about the Knighting of mic jagger?

I don't have too much problem with it, but I find it a bit silly when they give Tomk Jones and Elton John an "Honourary Doctorate" in music just because of their experience and they never went to college or paid for it. Others have to pay for it.

I don't know too much about the "Knighting."

Oh ya, I forgot, I can't get enough of mid 90's techno or dance music. My fiance got me hooked. (no, I am NOT gay)

Msilva954
01-13-05, 05:24 PM
Rap/HipHop My personal favorite is Trick Daddy......listen to a full album and he acutally speaks good....rather then the crap other artists put out.....

But he is also a neighbor and has this 73' Impala that I really want.....:drools:

illumina
01-13-05, 05:50 PM
van halen rules!!!

especially their old stuff. sammy and david are both welcome in my book.

rap, and some R&B work for me. in my opinion, there is quite a difference between "hip hop" and "rap". when i refer to rap, i go with the stuff i grew up on: tupac, biggie smalls, and dr. dre'. DMX and others are good too. when i say R&B, i like slower songs like LL cool J's "luv-u-better" and next's "too close".

metal. white zombie (before it was just rob) was the shit. rob zombie is alright, i just prefer their older stuff. metallica (black and pre-black) is pretty good. their newer albums are just ok. "king nothing" from load was their best since the music on black. nirvana was, and always will be a personal favorite.

'80's had a lot of good stuff. phill collins, hewey lewis and the news, and sting (the police too) were all good. there is of course a load of the "one hit wonders" i have on my hard drive too.

anything from the '70's is the best music in my book. doobie brothers, argent, and alice cooper are just a very few. disco rocks too!

jazz. herbie hancock and dave brubeck...nuff' said.

i guess i like a lot of music, huh?

RealmCenter
01-13-05, 05:58 PM
Industrial-Skinny Puppy, KMFDM, Razed in Black, Project Pitchfork, VNV Nation, Seabound, Covenant, Wolfsheim

Metal-Slayer, Pantera, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica (pre black album)

Of course all things '80s-Depeche Mode, Men at Work, Grand Master Flash, Etc...

Not a Country or modern rap guy

RBraczyk
01-13-05, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty closely aligned with realmcenter and illumina. Metal kicks ass, and so does old skool rap. Grandmaster Flash is the shiz.

davesdeville
01-13-05, 07:44 PM
I hate R&B. Both radio stations here that play rap are "hip hop and R&B," which means they'll play one good song then two in which the guys pretty much ask to babysit some hoe's kids. I despise simp hop and R&B.

Now what I do like is crunk hop like Lil Jon, dirty south rap like 8Ball and MJG, Big Moe, chopped and screwed stuff like swisha house.