: Smudges On CUE Screen?

EvanZaiNa
05-17-13, 01:36 PM
I should be able to pick up my ATS from the dealership in a few days after customization, but I was wondering if the CUE's touch screen is finger print prone?

Has anybody invested in a screen protector?

donavo
05-17-13, 01:57 PM
I should be able to pick up my ATS from the dealership in a few days after customization, but I was wondering if the CUE's touch screen is finger print prone?

Has anybody invested in a screen protector?

ive seen some screen protectors sold specifically for the cue screen. its pretty fingerprint prone. the whole dash is actually. my way of avoiding this is driving with sheepskin gloves. main reason is to not give the leather any of my hand oils. but it also helps with the fingerprints. the touchscreen works through the gloves just fine.

SLA
05-17-13, 02:07 PM
They give you a small microfiber cloth with your car to keep the screen and center stack clean.

After awhile you'll mostly use just the steering wheel controls.

Hohums
05-17-13, 02:28 PM
I'm sure you can pick one up somewhere. I went to my local computer store and got a spray-bottle of LCD screen cleaner with a lint-free cloth. Nothing works like it for cleaning off fingerprints. Works great on plastics too, but I would keep it away from the leather...

GJB
05-17-13, 03:41 PM
If you are ADD when it comes to smudges the ATS/Ipad/Iphone are not going to improve your condition. I'm pretty obsessed and I just keep a microfiber (along with the one GM gives you) in the Gove box for Windshield/Cue/dash/steering wheel. I use eye glass cleaner spray as needed. So far I have not had to increase my meds.

EvanZaiNa
05-17-13, 07:39 PM
If you are ADD when it comes to smudges the ATS/Ipad/Iphone are not going to improve your condition. I'm pretty obsessed and I just keep a microfiber (along with the one GM gives you) in the Gove box for Windshield/Cue/dash/steering wheel. I use eye glass cleaner spray as needed. So far I have not had to increase my meds.

haha..i have all three and have only zagg tech'd my phone...

i ordered one on ebay but will likely try living without it for a while before making a decision...

73JPS
05-17-13, 10:59 PM
The Cadillac microfiber cloth works quite well, no sprays required. Please excuse me... I must clean my screen...

mikesul
05-19-13, 02:41 PM
The whole center stack, as well as the screen, is prone to dust and fingerprints. I bought a spray can of ENDUST for electronics. It's also has anti-static properties. It's for all sorts of computer screens, large TV's, etc. Get a soft lint free face cloth and spray the stuff on the cloth. Then wipe down the whole center stack and Cue screen. I did it a couple of times and the dusting has diminished greatly. This stuff has no alcohol or ammonia and is designed perfectly for the ATS!!
Before using this the dust was horrible each day, and my windows are always up and the car is garage parked. This won't end the problem, but really, really helps. :)

Fraggy
05-20-13, 01:44 AM
The whole center stack, as well as the screen, is prone to dust and fingerprints. I bought a spray can of ENDUST for electronics. It's also has anti-static properties. It's for all sorts of computer screens, large TV's, etc. Get a soft lint free face cloth and spray the stuff on the cloth. Then wipe down the whole center stack and Cue screen. I did it a couple of times and the dusting has diminished greatly. This stuff has no alcohol or ammonia and is designed perfectly for the ATS!!
Before using this the dust was horrible each day, and my windows are always up and the car is garage parked. This won't end the problem, but really, really helps. :)

I'm on it. The caddy cloth is great for prints, but leaves TONS of dust.

rustybear3
05-20-13, 07:30 AM
I'm on it. The caddy cloth is great for prints, but leaves TONS of dust.

I agree, the Cadillac cloth works just fine for prints.....but I don't get these dust problems you all talk about; the cloth shouldn't have anything to do with creating dust anyways??? Are you saying the dust you get comes from the cloth? Why Cadillac didn't put on a non reflective, smudge resistant screen on is beyond me.....

bravnik
05-20-13, 01:32 PM
I like the smudges. When the display is in the base mode I can see by the smudge where the button I want to hit is located before it pops back up :)

On a serious note, the cloth they give you works fine. I'm sure there will be some type of screen protector soon that we can buy.

EvanZaiNa
05-23-13, 01:04 PM
so I bought an "ATS Specific" screen protector on ebay and it was absolute rubbish!

I've got great experience installing these using light mist sprayers and a squeegee and even that could not help at all.

I've only had the car for a day and can't see myself NEEDING one, but if ZAGG ever comes out with one, Imight get one.

Lorne
05-23-13, 11:20 PM
I like the logo embossed on the Cadi cloth...

miguelius
05-27-13, 12:06 AM
Maybe I am obsessive, but I have one of those large air spray bulbs with soft hair bristles used for cleaning dust off camera lenses. You can get them at camera shops or any store that stocks camera items. I always blast the screen, as well as the shiny black surfaces below and around the screen with a few puffs of air from the spray bulb before I use the soft cloth supplied by Cadillac. This works very well, and the puffs from the air spray bulb with its soft hair bristles ensure that there is no grit on the surface before you wipe it with the cloth. I keep the bulb in the storage space behind Caddy's trick moveable CUE control panel. I am wary of using any liquid sprays, and they are not necessary if you clean the surface regularly.:cool2:

flycaster
05-27-13, 09:56 AM
I think that a protective screen over the display won't work. Why? If you look carefully at the screen, you will see that it flows seamlessly into the ebony black material that makes up the rest of the center stack. This leads me to believe that the screen and the black stack are all one material with the screen not being colored. Thus, if this is correct, then putting something over the screen will still show at its edges...and it may not look right in that there will be no smooth transition from screen to black center stack???