: Have question about 18 Wheels of performance model

romanats
05-17-13, 09:03 AM
Just purchased a set of 18 wheels and tires brand new take off from ebay. They were off the performance model. I remember reading somewhere that the wheels are different front and rear front 18*8 and rear 18*9 IS that true? Because I have no way of telling the tires are all the same 225/40/18 How can you tell ? also what is the proper tire inflation Psi for the 18s. Can someone please help me with this.

gohawks63
05-17-13, 09:17 AM
Just purchased a set of 18 wheels and tires brand new take off from ebay. They were off the performance model. I remember reading somewhere that the wheels are different front and rear front 18*8 and rear 18*9 IS that true? Because I have no way of telling the tires are all the same 225/40/18 How can you tell ? also what is the proper tire inflation Psi for the 18s. Can someone please help me with this.

According to the Cadillac website, staggered wheels were an option on premium trim.

My CTS coupe has an 18" staggered setup (8.5" front, 9" in the rear). Recommended tire pressure I believe is still 35 psi.

romanats
05-17-13, 09:23 AM
i dont think they are staggerd because tires are all the same and they all look the same so i am good i guess.

GJB
05-17-13, 10:26 AM
If the tires are all season they will be the same size if they are summer they will be off set with the rear an inch wider. The AWD (Performance optional 18"/Premium standard machine finished) has all season tires (makes sense) and the RWD (Performance optional 18"/Premium standard machine finished) has the summer tires.

The inflation for the AWD all season tire is 35 PSI front 40 PSI rear.

From your picture and your description it sounds like you have all season tires off an AWD.

romanats
05-17-13, 10:37 AM
yes they are all season Michelin run flat tires, all same 225/40/18. My car is RWD so i should keep all 4 35 psi ?

Thanks, Guys

donavo
05-17-13, 11:21 AM
how much did you get that set for?

GJB
05-17-13, 11:44 AM
Read the tire pressure sticker on the driver’s side door jam and set it to that. The manufacturer will tell you to use their posted inflation regardless of the tires you have on the car. I have the all season RFT and my AWD is recommended at 35F/40. I'm sure there are different TP combinations you can use but you really need to know your stuff to tailor that to you specific needs. Manufacturer recommended is the safe answer to your question. I do like your wheel selection it is my personal favorite out of the entire stock line up. Enjoy

romanats
05-17-13, 02:58 PM
$1200 shipped wheels and tires

GJB
05-17-13, 03:03 PM
Considering it was about a $900 dollar upgrade on the performance trim you got a great price. The rubber alone will run you $1200.

romanats
05-17-13, 03:56 PM
it was def a deal that was hard to pass on. Thoes wheels are only available on a performance model which was 45k. They make the car look so much better .

matthewmugar
08-20-13, 06:42 PM
it was def a deal that was hard to pass on. Thoes wheels are only available on a performance model which was 45k. They make the car look so much better .

Romanats, question for you: did you end up getting the staggered set or not? I am on the fence about getting the staggered set or getting the all season tires. do you think it will make a difference since I have the luxury trip and getting a staggered set up?

pissedoffwookiee
08-20-13, 07:10 PM
here's my thought if leased and going aftermarket get staggard since they fit all RWD cars and you can move them from car to car and not end up accidentally downgrading the premium if you end up there, and purposefully upgrading everything else. romanats got a great deal and what I said applies as long as you stay below performance, because if you land on a performance next lease the wheels are a draw and premium the wheels are staggard.

romanats
08-20-13, 07:37 PM
mine are not staggered

mikesul
08-21-13, 09:38 AM
I have the same set of 18" wheels/tires sitting in my shed. Taken off with less than 300 miles on them. Would also sell at that price. Put on lighter rims and non runflat tires for handling and weight loss.

ATSFL
08-21-13, 09:59 AM
those 18s came with runflats? did not know that. what price are you looking to get for yours?

I have the same set of 18" wheels/tires sitting in my shed. Taken off with less than 300 miles on them. Would also sell at that price. Put on lighter rims and non runflat tires for handling and weight loss.

mikesul
08-21-13, 09:47 PM
those 18s came with runflats? did not know that. what price are you looking to get for yours?

Thanks ATSFL for taking the set of wheels/tires off my hands. :)

JLGT
10-04-13, 04:55 PM
I was looking at my wheels and noticed the rear tires have more stretch on them, kind of like they put 225 tires on a 9" wide rim. I am starting to believe that the performance 18's are staggered with just 225's mounted on all 4.

----------

Just went out and looked at the rims, it looks like I have 3 18x8's and 1 18x9", here are some pics.

Notice how much stretch is on this rim/tire.
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1070738_zps25955e15.jpg (http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/subleg/media/P1070738_zps25955e15.jpg.html)

The rest of the 3 look like this, no stretch.
http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s547/subleg/P1070739_zpse385493a.jpg (http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/subleg/media/P1070739_zpse385493a.jpg.html)

shudog
10-04-13, 08:34 PM
The machine-face blade style wheels are the best looking setup in my opinion. Cadillac must agree because all the commercials have these on the car. All the premium cars I'm looking at have the polished 18's though.

----------

I was looking at my wheels and noticed the rear tires have more stretch on them, kind of like they put 225 tires on a 9" wide rim. I am starting to believe that the performance 18's are staggered with just 225's mounted on all 4.

----------

Just went out and looked at the rims, it looks like I have 3 18x8's and 1 18x9", here are some pics.

Notice how much stretch is on this rim/tire.

Get your hands on a caliper & measure all four rims & find out the width for sure. Seems like something is definitely going on

redsoxski
10-04-13, 11:28 PM
If the tires are all season they will be the same size if they are summer they will be off set with the rear an inch wider. The AWD (Performance optional 18"/Premium standard machine finished) has all season tires (makes sense) and the RWD (Performance optional 18"/Premium standard machine finished) has the summer tires. The inflation for the AWD all season tire is 35 PSI front 40 PSI rear. From your picture and your description it sounds like you have all season tires off an AWD.

I have a performance RWD summer's and psi is also 35/40's.

CTSCHICK
10-05-13, 01:01 AM
I love the 18" design for the ATS so I wasn't getting an ATS without them.

They remind me of the GM Holden HSV wheels like on the HSV UTE's and Commodores

http://i40.tinypic.com/3hqgz.jpg

JLGT
10-08-13, 05:27 PM
Since my car is currently in the shop and my salesman was being supposedly nice to me I asked him if he could take a look at the rims and see that one was the wrong size and he basically just said, "remember you inspected the vehicle before took delivery?"

What? how was I suppose to see that one rim was a bit off at the time or even knew to look for that. I have had stalling issues, blacking out display, factory door dings, and wrong sized wheels. I just got this car a week ago!

MSG C5
10-08-13, 05:46 PM
Since my car is currently in the shop and my salesman was being supposedly nice to me I asked him if he could take a look at the rims and see that one was the wrong size and he basically just said, "remember you inspected the vehicle before took delivery?"

What? how was I suppose to see that one rim was a bit off at the time or even knew to look for that. I have had stalling issues, blacking out display, factory door dings, and wrong sized wheels. I just got this car a week ago!

Did you buy/lease the car new? If so, there is no excuse for one of the wheels being mismatched to the other three. Sounds like they did a dealer swap to perhaps cover up a curb rash on another car.

The salesman's response alone speaks volumes. Again, similar to the other threads, I can't image Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes trying to pull these kind of stunts. I wish GM would "brand up" their Cadillac dealerships and weed this out.

JLGT
10-08-13, 05:52 PM
I purchased new. I am also currently talking to Cadillac Customer Service, if that helps anything.

MSG C5
10-08-13, 06:04 PM
I purchased new. I am also currently talking to Cadillac Customer Service, if that helps anything.

That's a good place to start. I hope it works out for you.

How many miles were on the car when you took delivery? I can't imagine the car would come off the line with a mismatched wheel/tire. Odds are one of the rims was probably damaged during a test drive or during dealer prep or transport if the car was part of a dealer swap and this was their ill-advised fix. Amazing how the salesman immediately went on the defensive.

According to the Cadillac "build your own" website, I have been building/pricing a 2014 3.6 RWD Premium. Below are the wheels and tires specs:

18" X 8" front and 18" X 9" rear wheels
P225/40RF18 front tires and P255/35R18 rear tires

Which of your wheels has the incorrect tire fitting?

JLGT
10-08-13, 06:10 PM
If you look at post #17 you can see the difference. They basically put a 225 tire on a 9" wide rim.

Hoosier Daddy
10-08-13, 10:32 PM
Geez, I though this was the new GM! Reminds me of the '77 Delta 88 Royale I ordered with F41 sport suspension. It came in with F41 on just one side in the front and the other side in the back. When I told them the first week, they pulled the same crap saying I'd accepted it that way. When I made them retract that they said they could only "fix" it if the corners rode more than .x different heights, which of course they did. But they claimed they didn't and invited me to come see for myself. They had the car way out in a back lot at least 25 yards from any other car and sitting diagonally across several parking spots with one wheel in a dip and another on a hump in the blacktop! They did finally fix it without too much bloodshed. Anyway, say hi to Ronnie (there can't be more than one idiot like that) for me and I hope he gets out of the hospital soon (I assume he's usually recovering from some major beat down).