: Steering wheel doesnt turn to correct position in escalade 2009

a_alkhateb
05-17-13, 08:26 AM
Hi,

Another issue I have and my dealer claimed it as normal. Here is the explain:

Say I'm driving on a speed 60km/h when when I turn the steering just little right say just 5 degrees the steering doesn't go back automatically to the normal straight position and I have to adjust it manually to a straight position if I don't the car will keep moving right or left ! Again not on a full turn just Little on a 5 - 10 degree!

I Took it to the dealership and I got a technician to inspect it and he said its normal in Cadillac because it has a big rims and MRC system! Again I'm not convinced ! This is a safety issue. Is this really normal?

Cadsrfun
05-21-13, 02:10 AM
I finally remembered to give this a try on the freeway and mine does the same thing. Turn the wheel 5 degrees or so and it doesn't return back on its own.

kazza93203
05-22-13, 10:07 PM
It's not supposed to automatically correct your steering angle. If you turn it, it's gonna turn. Sorta like a steering drift, it's going to drift all the way till you decide that's enough.

a_alkhateb
05-24-13, 03:54 PM
So it seems this apply only on escalade, because I have a Yukon Denali and its not the same thing ! Do all escalade riders agree :) ?

soulsea
05-24-13, 04:02 PM
My old Tahoe, Denali, Escalade, and current Escalade steer the same way ... the last time I ever had a vehicle steering wheel snap back to center was in the late eighties on a vehicle with manual steering.

Both my Escalades' steering wheels have been slightly off center tho ... not an alignment issue cause they both drive true without pulling to either side, just the steering wheel on my old one was rotated an intsy bit to the right and the current one to the left.

K9Caddy
05-24-13, 04:15 PM
Nope, not an alignment issue, its an off centered steering wheel. This can be fixed, just requires the removal of the steering wheel. Seems to be common on escalades. Theoretically, the steering wheel should be perfectly straight and the truck should drive straight. However, in most cases, due to the grade of the road, it will follow the position of the road.