: WTB: cracked headlights

Pitbull14218
05-17-13, 06:52 AM
If someone has some headlights that are damaged on the lenses but the back is fine, I'd like to buy them to try to take them a part and use the back side on my headlights that have good lenses but cracked mounting holes.

Thank you

YoshiMan
05-17-13, 07:19 PM
I know sometimes you can put car lens in an oven to separate the lens from the housing, but alot of stuff on the Escalade are sonic welded, so that may not work.

mikedyk43
05-17-13, 08:30 PM
These headlights can be separated. I have read some did it with an oven, but there are no clear directions on this since oven temperatures and heat consistencies vary. I used a heat gun and a knife to cut through the glue and than after they were opened, I used the heat gun and a flat blade screwdriver to scrap off the remaining glue. Takes some time, but very doable.

Pitbull14218
05-18-13, 08:48 AM
I know the stock headlights can be put in the oven to loosen the glue to pull them apart. If anyone has some headlights that the front are cracked i could try to use the back since my headlight mounting holes on the back of the headlight are cracked.

godsdiablo
05-18-13, 10:24 AM
I would be interested in buying the orange reflectors when you take them apart

Pitbull14218
05-22-13, 08:14 PM
Anyone have a set that were damaged in an accident, but the back mounts are still good?