: Can't use contacts of iPhone to navigate with CUE

Gismo
05-17-13, 02:11 AM
Hi Everybody!

I tried to use my contacts on my iPhone 4S but CUE doesn't recognize the address... I Synchronized my iPhone with CUE over the Bluetooth. Then I opened the navigation system and select "Contacts". All my contacts are here but if I'm selecting any Address, CUE is searching and asking me to complete the address. Only the country is ok but no street, no ZIP and no City...

Please help me! Thank you!

Chris Shillinger
05-17-13, 11:29 AM
Try manually typing the address in to CUE and see if it finds the address. If it does, than it is a problem with how the address is saved in your contact list on your phone. I have noticed the Nav to be a little picky. Go in to your phone edit the contact information for those you have addresses saved. Make sure the street number and address are on the first line, and then city, state, zip are all in the correct field locations or CUE will not understand. Also, I recommend using abbreviations such as CT for court, PKWY for Parkway, etc. I have noticed that CUE prefers the abbreviations. Especially TL (trail). Hope this helps.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-17-13, 01:00 PM
Hello Gismo,

I apologize that your CUE isn’t recognizing the address for your contacts. To further assist you, we would need some more information about this concern. You can reach our Infotainment team here at 855-478-7767. Thank you for your time, and please keep me updated about this.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Gismo
05-17-13, 04:36 PM
Hello Gismo,

I apologize that your CUE isn’t recognizing the address for your contacts. To further assist you, we would need some more information about this concern. You can reach our Infotainment team here at 855-478-7767. Thank you for your time, and please keep me updated about this.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you for your answer but I'm in Switzerland (Europe) and I tried to contact my official dealer without success...

Do you have any contact in Europe?

Thank's!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-17-13, 05:24 PM
Thank you for your answer but I'm in Switzerland (Europe) and I tried to contact my official dealer without success...

Do you have any contact in Europe?

Thank's!

Hello Gismo,

Here is the number for Cadillac Switzerland: 00800-8680 8800. I hope that this information helps get your concern resolved. Thank you very much!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Gismo
05-18-13, 06:41 AM
Hi Gregory

I've already tried to contact them... first they said that it was not possible to do that. Then I answered that I read this in the Manual... Now they don't know and want to contact GM to see if there is a solution... It is very difficult to obtain any information in Europe... For example, we don't have any apps to install on CUE but I hope it will change with the time...

Thank you for your help!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-18-13, 05:25 PM
Hi Gregory

I've already tried to contact them... first they said that it was not possible to do that. Then I answered that I read this in the Manual... Now they don't know and want to contact GM to see if there is a solution... It is very difficult to obtain any information in Europe... For example, we don't have any apps to install on CUE but I hope it will change with the time...

Thank you for your help!

Hello Gismo,

My name is Laura M. and I am assisting Gregory with this forum. I would like to gather some information from you for people who can try and assist you further. Can you please private message me on this forum with your first and last name, phone number, Email address and vehicle identification number (VIN).

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Gismo
05-21-13, 12:54 PM
Hi Everybody

Today I had some bad news from GM NAV Customer Assistance Center... There is no update available for Europe right now but GM is working on it. I don't have any idea or precision about how long I have to wait for it... Do anyone now more?

Thank's everybody for your help!

AZATS
12-03-13, 09:02 PM
Hi - my contacts are in the iphone properly and I still can't get my contacts to come up on the Cue. Any suggestions?

2013XTS
12-08-13, 11:23 AM
I am having the same issue, any updates or solution?

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-11-13, 10:30 AM
Hi - my contacts are in the iphone properly and I still can't get my contacts to come up on the Cue. Any suggestions?
Hello AZATS,

I apologize that you are unable to get your contacts to display in your CUE from your iPhone. Have you reached out to our CUE Infotainment team at 855-428-3669? They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week if you would like to reach out to them. Please keep us updated if you do reach out to them as to the results.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I am having the same issue, any updates or solution? Hello 2013XTS,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same concern with your CUE as well. I would suggest reaching out to the CUE Infotainment team as well at 855-428-3669. They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week if you would like to reach out to them. Please keep us updated if you call them as well.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

jzaidman
01-03-14, 07:34 PM
Hello,

Just picked up my 2014 CTS and already ran into the same issue where the contact are not found from my iPhone. With one of them all I had to do is remove the suite number and then it worked. Clearly not a good solution. I am however prepared to get my contacts into a proper format, if someone from the CUE Infotainment team could post it here. Specifically, how the contacts should be entered in MS Outlook, which is where my iPhone gets them from. Why did it start working once I removed the suite number and what is the proper format to put it back in without breaking CUE.

Thanks,

Jakov

jzaidman
01-05-14, 12:00 PM
I was able to verify with multiple contacts that removing the unit/suite/apt number details completely from the contact allows CUE to search the address. Clearly this is not a feasible solution. Is there a more reasonable workaround or a fix for CUE software?

Jakov

pever
01-05-14, 03:23 PM
For the problem entries, did you folks have the suite number entered as hyphenated, or as two-line addresses (and if so, which order - per 'c' or 'd' below):

a) 10-105 Main Street
b) #10-105 Main Street

c) Suite 10
105 Main Street

d) 105 Main Street
Suite 10

I am curious as to the problem in the original format as I have 900 contacts and it would be a pain to have to revise a lot of them. I will have to check later to see if I also have this problem.

jzaidman
01-05-14, 04:49 PM
Most of my contacts are following the format in your example d as in:

d) 105 Main Street
Suite 10

Jakov

jzaidman
01-08-14, 11:03 AM
Is anyone from customer service monitoring this forum? Can I get some assistance with the navigation address search issue?

Thank you,
Jakov

whoaboy
04-03-14, 03:07 PM
I too am having this problem and nobody has called me back to tell me how to fix the problem, which tells me there is no fix? My contacts in my iphone are showing up but the street name and adress, city,etc show up on cue in wierd places. I dont know how to enter them into my iphone so cue recognizes them? I don't have any with suites, no hypens, etc.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-03-14, 08:16 PM
Good evening (in EST time),

I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with Cue concerns of these sorts, and though everyone may be seeking thoughts and opinions, we would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

Regards,

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

inspectorudy
04-04-14, 12:28 AM
I do not mean to disrespect any of you customer service representatives but do you ever offer any useful advice or all of you simply coordinators with other people? Wouldn't it make sense to put a couple of knowledgeable people on this site to monitor and reply to the problems that we face with our CUE? Like the guy who used to reply to our inquiries but I can't remember his name. All of us have the ability to call our dealers so no help needed there. Can't GM pay a small team to handle our problems on this forum without you offering to contact some agency privately but that we all want to know the answers publicly from? Maybe you can pass this along to the other people who are available privately.

whoaboy
04-04-14, 12:59 PM
I went out to my dealer and nobody there had any knowledge of this and hoped that I could get it resolved here! In fact, they are hoping I will call them back after I learn how to fix this, so they will know the answer. Nobody at the dealership has heard of it before me but they tell me that is because lots of customers do not use this feature.

----------

Amen to inspectorudy's above post!