: 2005 Escalade problem starting when warm

clugnut
05-16-13, 09:56 PM
Hey everybody,

I have to admit, I only stop by when I have a problem. People here have been very gracious though. Thanks for that. I noticed a thing with my Escalade the last 2 nights. Both time the vehicle was driven enough to get it warmed up. Then, I reached my destination and parked. After about 2.5 hours, I get in to leave. The vehicle initially starts, and stops right away. The starter continues to run for about a second after the engine stops and I have released the key. After turning the key back to off, attempting to restart will be successful, but only after turning the vehicle over about twice as long as normal (Which is still only maybe 2-3 seconds). I get no warning lights or codes.

The Caddy has 110,000 miles, so I'm thinking fuel pump. I'd rather fix it before it leaves me, or God forbid, my wife sit. I've been loving this thing the year we have had it, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I chased and electrical problem in a Corvette for three years and do not want that drama again! Thanks in advance.

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 10:40 PM
Hey everybody,

I have to admit, I only stop by when I have a problem. People here have been very gracious though. Thanks for that. I noticed a thing with my Escalade the last 2 nights. Both time the vehicle was driven enough to get it warmed up. Then, I reached my destination and parked. After about 2.5 hours, I get in to leave. The vehicle initially starts, and stops right away. The starter continues to run for about a second after the engine stops and I have released the key. After turning the key back to off, attempting to restart will be successful, but only after turning the vehicle over about twice as long as normal (Which is still only maybe 2-3 seconds). I get no warning lights or codes.

The Caddy has 110,000 miles, so I'm thinking fuel pump. I'd rather fix it before it leaves me, or God forbid, my wife sit. I've been loving this thing the year we have had it, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. I chased and electrical problem in a Corvette for three years and do not want that drama again! Thanks in advance.

Is the little lock light on when it does this if so then it is the pass lock system if not then it may be the fuel pump(not fun when that fails I will tell you that as mine made me late for my collage class when it failed)