: Trunk Space

pwrsix
05-16-13, 10:38 PM
I bought my V in December and we had a pretty snowy winter here in MA so I haven't spent much time with it. Now that the nice weather has arrived I have been driving it more and enjoying every minute. My daily driver is a Chevy van so the V is the weekend "grocery getter" and will also take me to the golf course. So I finally put my clubs in the trunk the other day and to my disappointment, they barely fit. Forget about my Clic Gear push cart. What if I needed to drive someone else with their clubs and cart? I guess I can always use the back seat. Anyway, I didn't buy the car for the trunk space but I'm just saying.

Guy.Seminerio
05-16-13, 10:47 PM
Suspension packaging? They say the ATS has a pretty dismal 10 cu ft trunk volume due to poor packaging with the multilink rear suspension. I know it's a big car, you'd think a bigger trunk would be back there. Oh well. Hasn't really affected me.

PNBLWZD
05-16-13, 11:05 PM
Speaking of trunk space; I just removed the plastic tub with the divider that goes in the spare tire area so I can put one of my stock wheels in that spot as a spare because I'm taking the car on a trip this weekend. Guess what? The stock wheel doesn't fit in the spot! I had to kinda shove it down to get it to fit somewhat, but it's way above the trunk floor. Lame!

Guy.Seminerio
05-16-13, 11:17 PM
hmm. can that fix a flat tire sealant crap work on tires that aren't run flats? Summer tires? All seasons?

rbzstsv
05-17-13, 01:12 AM
Two sets of clubs in my trunk plus push cart. The push carts wheels unscrew.

pwrsix
05-17-13, 08:43 AM
Two sets of clubs in my trunk plus push cart. The push carts wheels unscrew.

I guess I could take apart the cart but what a PITA. Who wants to do that?

1madstsv
05-17-13, 08:46 AM
If you use fix a flat make shore it's tire pressure monitor safe. I just cary a plug kit and inflator. Can get both at harbor freight for $20 I have a kit for every car.

Fierofiend
05-17-13, 09:13 AM
Porsche used to store the spare tire deflated so it would fit in the trunk. That was when cars were still using 'much' smaller wheels, and there was room to gain by decreasing sidewall height. Not sure if it fit better if you decreased the pressure since our sidewalls are already small, and rather stiff?

rbzstsv
05-17-13, 11:18 AM
I purchased a new cart with easy unscrew wheels after running into the same issue your having. To be honest if I had to I'd prolly push the cart by the handle out my window while driving because no golfing... well that just won't do :)

PGA2B
05-17-13, 05:10 PM
My 10" Staff Bag fits just fine......