: 2000 Deville Motor Mount Heat Shield

postman2000
05-16-13, 02:52 AM
Hello all, sorry for all the questions the last couple days.. I was wondering if all the new mounts ( the one that always breaks) come with the heat shield or is it something I have to buy seperately? Is there a different part number for the one that comes with the heat shield? I went to a parts store today and they showed me a Delco mount that didnt have the shield. I just am curious as to how to order it, because if I order it from the internet i dont know if it will come with it..Maybe the mount he showed me is old stock..idk

Ranger
05-16-13, 11:53 AM
:noidea: Chris would know. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.

RippyPartsDept
05-16-13, 12:28 PM
I can't remember when i last saw one of these with a heat shield on it

... i've got a vague memory of some of the OEM mounts having a heat shield on them but if that's the case none of the service/replacement mounts ever had a shield

postman2000
05-16-13, 12:49 PM
Oh ok, I thought the ones with the heat shield were updated ones to replace the originals..I remember reading somewhere that they put the heat shield on the updated ones cause the heat was cracking the old ones..It was a long ime ago..I could be wrong

Ranger
05-16-13, 11:02 PM
No, I believe you are correct. Mine was replaced under warranty and it has a heat shield. Now whether it was part of the mount or separate, I couldn't tell you.

RippyPartsDept
05-17-13, 09:54 AM
found it

TSB# 05-08-61-007A

heat shield part number #15804790

it's in the parts catalog but not in any of the illustrations

from what i understand the bulletin is for repeated mount failures and the installation of the heat shield is supposed to help with that