: 19x10x40mm Square setup

the blur
05-16-13, 01:03 AM
I mounted coupe rear wheels on the front of my sedan. 19x10x40mm offset. With the factory 285's. They fit perfectly, no rubbing at all. The control arm clearance seems to be slightly less than the factory 19x9's. But it doesn't rub. The stance is obviously much wider. The car simply goes where you put it. No more understeer, where all cars are setup to push from the factory.

I've been testing this on the street, and I have no real problems. Sometimes it seems to follow the ruts in the highway, but not too bad. The wheels do stick out, so the appearance is not quite factory.

Why did I try this ???????????????

Because the D3 guys are running sedan rears on the front with the spacer, and I'm not a fan of running spacers. Or they are running 18" wheels with a 40mm offset. I'd rather have the factory 19's, than an aftermarket 18". I like to keep as close to the factory 27" OD as possible.

I haven't tried this on track yet, and I don't have any track events coming up for a while. But I will continue to drive this setup on the street.

I have the GM part #'s for the wheels.

Boosted2000si
05-16-13, 02:27 AM
Pictures?

Smokin80
05-17-13, 01:51 PM
Soooo...you have sedan rears on still? Interesting. Wouldnt the fronts stick out more than the rears and look weird?

PICTURES!

is3_ftw
05-17-13, 02:15 PM
I would like to see pics of the front setup :worship::cool:

the blur
05-17-13, 06:42 PM
I'll post pictures next week. With the sedan rears being 9.5" and a bigger offset, obviously the fronts will stick out more. I did run it like this for a while. The optimal thing is to run coupe rears, at all 4 corners. Then the stick-out would be equal all around.

is3_ftw
05-18-13, 10:15 PM
with the wider fronts than rears, do you feel like your not in control when taking sharp turns or cornering fast?

the blur
05-19-13, 12:02 AM
with the wider fronts than rears, do you feel like your not in control when taking sharp turns or cornering fast? It definitely has a different feel. But you are totally in control. I might even say it feels like the front is pulling the car around corners.

Random84
05-19-13, 08:20 AM
Waiting for pics. I might try this on m Wagon someday.

Mistercoffee2
09-03-13, 04:30 AM
Pictures please.