: Heated seat random cycling

jkat13
05-15-13, 11:52 PM
I know there are some threads about issues with the drivers heated seat turning on randomly on its own. As it has been pointed out the likely culprit is the Driver Door Module (DDM).

In my case, I am running into a bizarre twist to this problem that I cannot figure out. With the truck started and the door open, everything is fine. The instance the door is closed, the heated seat turns on and begins to cycle through the various tempature levels. After about 5 to 10 minutes and many manual attempts to shut it off,it finally stops turning on on its own.

I have removed the module and cleaned it. I have checked and rechecked that the heated seat only comes on with the door closed. I thought there might be an issue with the wires being pinched when the door is closed but I have tried jiggling the wire bundle from the door to the vehicle and nothing has changed. Maybe there is an issue with a short when the lights go out when the door closes? I am lost on what is causing this. Any thoughts appreciated.

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 02:04 AM
I know there are some threads about issues with the drivers heated seat turning on randomly on its own. As it has been pointed out the likely culprit is the Driver Door Module (DDM).

In my case, I am running into a bizarre twist to this problem that I cannot figure out. With the truck started and the door open, everything is fine. The instance the door is closed, the heated seat turns on and begins to cycle through the various tempature levels. After about 5 to 10 minutes and many manual attempts to shut it off,it finally stops turning on on its own.

I have removed the module and cleaned it. I have checked and rechecked that the heated seat only comes on with the door closed. I thought there might be an issue with the wires being pinched when the door is closed but I have tried jiggling the wire bundle from the door to the vehicle and nothing has changed. Maybe there is an issue with a short when the lights go out when the door closes? I am lost on what is causing this. Any thoughts appreciated.

There is also a seat module that works the seat warmer the door module is a hub for the controls for the memory seat and seat warmer

jkat13
05-16-13, 10:20 PM
There is also a seat module that works the seat warmer the door module is a hub for the controls for the memory seat and seat warmer

Where is it located? If its faulty, does that in any way explain why it only turns on by itself when the door is closed?

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 10:33 PM
Where is it located? If its faulty, does that in any way explain why it only turns on by itself when the door is closed?

It is under the seat(there is one for both front seats)
It might have something to do with the seat warmer(it can cause some crazy stuff with the seat motors and the controls for them)

djais1801
05-17-13, 01:49 PM
my 03 did that randomly....i would feel my butt get hot and look over...someone said it might be the wires under the seat getting kinked or something. once i would turn it off on the door..it usually stopped it