: Daytime running lights don't work on 2000 Escalade.

philcase
05-15-13, 01:03 PM
The light shows on the dash but no DRL.

YoshiMan
05-15-13, 09:02 PM
Bulbs are likely shot. They are on all the time and when they burn out, alot of people do not replace them.

the cadillac man
05-15-13, 10:05 PM
Bulbs are likely shot. They are on all the time and when they burn out, alot of people do not replace them.

True both were blown on my 03 when I got it(never use the sliver star bulbs ever)

rjack88
05-15-13, 11:17 PM
I replaced both bulbs, and my passenger still is out, I'm waiting for my LED's to show up before tearing into it again, but what are the chances a brand new bulb blew in the first 20 seconds of use?

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 12:08 AM
I replaced both bulbs, and my passenger still is out, I'm waiting for my LED's to show up before tearing into it again, but what are the chances a brand new bulb blew in the first 20 seconds of use?

Could have been a bad bulb but check the socket first before you put the leds in as the socket may need replacing

YoshiMan
05-16-13, 01:44 AM
Could have been a bad bulb but check the socket first before you put the leds in as the socket may need replacing

Very true! when i bought my 03, one of the lights were burned out, and when i went to replace them, one of the sockets crumbled to bits and the other was pretty much toast as well. I replaced both sockets and put a set of LED bulbs in them, and so far i haven't had any issues.

Try checking the socket with a volt meter if it still refuses to work