: 2010 CTS Front End Vibration!!! I need it to Stop!!

WagonHead
05-15-13, 01:00 PM
Morning Cadillac Family!!

As some of you may know I have a 2010 CTS Wagon... It had sever front vibration will driving & braking.

I have had tires rotated TWICE, balanced & front roters resurfaced.

Now it still have vibration slightly while driving & occasionally slight shaking when brake applied.

Is this an isolated situation or do many of you encounter this????

like2drive
05-16-13, 10:27 AM
It sometimes also happens to my car as well. Within 52k miles, I had the front rotors resurfaced twice (@10k and 20k miles) and changed under warranty @32k miles. Now, @52k miles, it appears that they start to warp again. Therefore, I'm planning to change both the front rotors and the pads by next week (i'll do it myself to save a few bucks!).

I also request my tires be road force balanced - ask your mechanic for that! The other thing that we should look into is that apparently there is a GM bulletin that basically states the problem for vibration is the wheel fitment to the hub for the 2008 to 2009 CTS and they are stating the only solution to the problem is to make sure to manually center the wheel to the hub during installation of the wheel.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-16-13, 07:48 PM
Thanks for providing this information like2drive. Good luck with changing the front rotors and pads next week! If there are ever questions or concerns we can assist with, please reach out to us and let us know.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

akamai43
05-16-13, 09:01 PM
I had the same situation with my previous caddy and it turned out to be the lower control arms. One I had them replaced, all the problems were gone.

like2drive
05-16-13, 09:06 PM
Agree, was much worse before the lower control arms replacement. Had both lower control arms replaced under GM bulletin #09-00-91-001. But still, I have to have the wheels road force balanced and even then, I can feel some vibrations at times. I kinda see when the pavement is hot (sunny day), I tend to have much less vibration. However, on the contrary, when it's cooler, the vibration can be more noticeable... Maybe the tires...?

dandunham
05-17-13, 01:03 PM
My last car had a strange issue with warping the rotors if the wheel lugs were over tightened. even if left alone with properly tightened lugs for a while, the rotors would warp so If I then rotated the tires again things would be fine for a while and start all over again. the other issue was that the rotors were undersized so they would warp fairly easily. I just wonder of some of the issues might be due to something like that. I am new to this car (2011 performance model rear only) so I have not rotated the tires yet but I do have one rotor that causes vibration when braking (I assume its the rotor as the steering wheel shakes). I have not taken it in yet but plan to. the car only has 15K on it.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-17-13, 07:54 PM
My last car had a strange issue with warping the rotors if the wheel lugs were over tightened. even if left alone with properly tightened lugs for a while, the rotors would warp so If I then rotated the tires again things would be fine for a while and start all over again. the other issue was that the rotors were undersized so they would warp fairly easily. I just wonder of some of the issues might be due to something like that. I am new to this car (2011 performance model rear only) so I have not rotated the tires yet but I do have one rotor that causes vibration when braking (I assume its the rotor as the steering wheel shakes). I have not taken it in yet but plan to. the car only has 15K on it.

Hello dandunham,

I hope you are enjoying your vehicle so far, minus the vibration issue. After you take your vehicle in for service please update us on your status. If you have additional questions or concerns ever, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

WagonHead
05-20-13, 02:27 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks for all the responses, but as I mentioned on another thread.. the problem is still there when driving & when I apply the brakes hard @ high speed it feels like the steering wheel will jump off or fall apart...

I just do not have the time nor the energy to keep going back to the dealership regarding these problems .. especially this 1.... as much gas expenses going there & refilling the loaner then refilling my car from those guys test driving it....I am putting out more $$$$ than getting results.

As stated before.. this is my 1st Caddy & will be back to imports after this experience ... I c why my generation & after stick with imports ....

But I do love the future pics of the CTS coupe....almost looks like a E series Benz coupe.... but Cadillac really has to be more responsible & focus on technology on every level (not just a cool interior coupled with a flashy design) in order for me to purchase anything else from this company.... as the saying goes.. everything that glitters is not GOLD!!!!

Signed

Unsatisfied Wagonhead Consumer

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-21-13, 12:28 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks for all the responses, but as I mentioned on another thread.. the problem is still there when driving & when I apply the brakes hard @ high speed it feels like the steering wheel will jump off or fall apart...

I just do not have the time nor the energy to keep going back to the dealership regarding these problems .. especially this 1.... as much gas expenses going there & refilling the loaner then refilling my car from those guys test driving it....I am putting out more $$$$ than getting results.

As stated before.. this is my 1st Caddy & will be back to imports after this experience ... I c why my generation & after stick with imports ....

But I do love the future pics of the CTS coupe....almost looks like a E series Benz coupe.... but Cadillac really has to be more responsible & focus on technology on every level (not just a cool interior coupled with a flashy design) in order for me to purchase anything else from this company.... as the saying goes.. everything that glitters is not GOLD!!!!

Signed

Unsatisfied Wagonhead Consumer

Hello WagonHead,

I apologize for the issues and repairs you have made to your vehicle. I am sorry you feel this way about Cadillac based on your current situation. We take comments like this very seriously, and I have documented your concern along with your comments. General Motors relies heavily on loyal customers and I hope one day we may be given the opportunity to earn your business again. I think the CTS Coupe is a wonderful looking vehicle also! It is definitely a classy car.

Regards,

Laura M.