: 2007 Escalade ESV DVD PROBLEMS

sclayton
05-15-13, 12:56 PM
I'm new to this owners forum and trying to get some help. I just bought a '07 ESV with the stock 2nd and 3rd row seat DVD monitors. So far I've been unable to get the DVD to play on the 3rd row monitor. It plays in the dash/ 2nd row while the vehicle is in park and the second row only once the car is rolling. Any advice??

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-15-13, 11:34 PM
I'm new to this owners forum and trying to get some help. I just bought a '07 ESV with the stock 2nd and 3rd row seat DVD monitors. So far I've been unable to get the DVD to play on the 3rd row monitor. It plays in the dash/ 2nd row while the vehicle is in park and the second row only once the car is rolling. Any advice??

Hello sclayton,

Congrats on your Escalade and welcome to the forum! The rear seat entertainment is designed for rear seat passengers only. The driver cannot safely view the video, which is why it only plays in the dash when the vehicle is in park. This can be found in your owner’s manual (p. 299). Page 289 of the owner’s manual states information on using the DVD player and continues to provide beneficial information through page 299. Does the third row DVD screen come on at all, or is it completely a black screen? Have you also thought about checking the fuse blocks and if anything has been blown out of the electrical system?

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

jammersonny
05-18-13, 08:52 PM
I would say the rear monitor is defective... That theory could be tested by removing the dvd middle seat monitor , (4 bolts accessible when monitor is in down position, ) disconnect the wiring harness, repeat process in rear seat monitor...move rear to middle position and see if it operates...if not, then need to buy new one,,, I just bought one on ebay new, for 225... if the rear works okay in middle seat, perhaps wiring problem...don't know if the monitors are individually fused...Good luck. Sonny, amateur car fixer.. ; )