: 2011 SRX HDD USB Music Issue

BradCad
05-15-13, 12:49 PM
My wife has music saved on the HDD. I have a USB stick inserted with my music. I like to use the "shuffle" function.

Everytime I start the SRX, The same song on the HDD comes on. I have to go to the menu and start the "shuffle" each time.

How can I keep that from happening?

Thanks for your help.

stevec5375
05-15-13, 07:14 PM
What happens if you select a Radio station favorite then shut off the SRX for more than 15 minutes? When you restart the SRX does the last selected favorite start playing? I had a problem where it always went to the first radio favorite no matter which one I had last selected. You need to wait at least 15 minutes for the Retained Accessory Period to expire. Waiting overnight is even better.

If it's not starting back up on the last selected favorite, then you may have to get your Nav/Radio replaced. I've had mine replaced 2 times!

BradCad
05-16-13, 12:25 PM
What happens if you select a Radio station favorite then shut off the SRX for more than 15 minutes? When you restart the SRX does the last selected favorite start playing? I had a problem where it always went to the first radio favorite no matter which one I had last selected. You need to wait at least 15 minutes for the Retained Accessory Period to expire. Waiting overnight is even better.

If it's not starting back up on the last selected favorite, then you may have to get your Nav/Radio replaced. I've had mine replaced 2 times!

So I turned the Radio on and changed saved stations for a few minutes. Then I shut off the SRX for an hour. When I restarted the SRX, it went back to the same song on the HDD. It's like the movie Groundhog's Day.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-18-13, 12:06 AM
My wife has music saved on the HDD. I have a USB stick inserted with my music. I like to use the "shuffle" function.

Everytime I start the SRX, The same song on the HDD comes on. I have to go to the menu and start the "shuffle" each time.

Thanks for your help.

Hello BradCad,

I am going to look into this concern to see what I can find and I will reach back out to you.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

BradCad
05-23-13, 11:03 AM
Thanks Laura.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-13, 01:14 PM
Thanks Laura.

Hello BradCad,

You are welcome. I reached out to you via private message. Would you be able to respond back to me via private message? Thank you!

Laura M.

BradCad
05-23-13, 05:13 PM
Laura,

I didn't realize my private message to you was rejected earlier because I had too many messages in my inbox (2 messages, one from the welcome staff and one from you). That doesn't make sense.

You should have it now.

BradCad

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-23-13, 05:29 PM
Laura,

I didn't realize my private message to you was rejected earlier because I had too many messages in my inbox (2 messages, one from the welcome staff and one from you). That doesn't make sense.

You should have it now.

BradCad

Hello BradCad,

Thanks for letting me know! Yes, I did receive your private message.

Laura M.

aaronmoede
07-21-13, 08:53 PM
We have the exact same thing happening on our SRX. Was there ever a resolution to this? Thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-22-13, 01:26 PM
We have the exact same thing happening on our SRX. Was there ever a resolution to this? Thanks

Hello aaronmoede,

I apologize for any music issue you are experiencing with your SRX. If you private message me and explain your concern and include your VIN, I am more than happy to look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

westham
08-04-13, 07:23 AM
I have the same problem also :-(

stevec5375
08-04-13, 12:21 PM
Hello aaronmoede,

I apologize for any music issue you are experiencing with your SRX. If you private message me and explain your concern and include your VIN, I am more than happy to look into this for you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Laura,

This problem with the SRX Nav/Radio forgetting what the last selected item has been around for years. The solution is to replace the Nav/Radio and update it to the latest firmware. I should know. I have had it done successfully. There is another long thread on this forum about this issue.

2011_SRX
08-04-13, 01:02 PM

Thanks for your help.

My 2011 has the same problem. I recorded 60 seconds of dead silence and named the sound file aaaaaa.mp3 Now when I start my SRX I have 60 seconds of silence allowing time to press the steering wheel control and advance to another song, then shuffle takes over. No more "Groundhog's Day".

Huey Driver
08-04-13, 06:12 PM
The 'random' function on my '13 (not saying it fits all others) goes by alphabetically organizing the songs. I think it usually STARTS at a random spot, but it always goes in alphabetical order after that. I have a few songs on my USB, all the same title (ie, live versions of studio) and they always play back to back... just something I skip through... Actually, I find my ipod doing very similar a lot of the time....

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-05-13, 09:30 AM
Laura,

This problem with the SRX Nav/Radio forgetting what the last selected item has been around for years. The solution is to replace the Nav/Radio and update it to the latest firmware. I should know. I have had it done successfully. There is another long thread on this forum about this issue.

Hello aaronmoede,

I appreciate you writing back to me and letting me know the solution to this issue. If there are any other concerns or questions that arise, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care