: Does the 2008 CTS Premium Luxury Package have the Auto Open Window feature?

xCCTer
05-15-13, 12:22 PM
I have had this feature on numerous vehicles in the past.
Looked all through the .pdf manual and paper manual and it says nothing about it.

Thanx

Opening the Windows From Outside the Vehicle
The vehicle may have remote operating windows that can be opened from outside the vehicle by pressing and holding the unlock button on the Keyless Access Transmitter to open all the windows.

reciprocity
05-15-13, 03:48 PM
My 2009 doesn't do that. On other GM vehicles, I know the dealer can deactivate this feature if the owner doesn't want to accidentally open the windows by bumping the button in their pocket. It's possible that the feature can be activated on the CTS (check with your dealer), but I've never heard of that. Unfortunately, I don't think it's something they ever added.

Please post if you do find a way to make it work. I'd be curious to know how it was activated (or when the feature was added to newer models).

jeffc83
05-15-13, 07:09 PM
My 2009 doesn't do that. On other GM vehicles, I know the dealer can deactivate this feature if the owner doesn't want to accidentally open the windows by bumping the button in their pocket. It's possible that the feature can be activated on the CTS (check with your dealer), but I've never heard of that. Unfortunately, I don't think it's something they ever added.

Please post if you do find a way to make it work. I'd be curious to know how it was activated (or when the feature was added to newer models).

+1...my Maxima did that and was a convenient way to ventilate the car before getting in!

jghiller
05-16-13, 12:01 AM
VWs have this nice feature too but with remote start its kinda not needed and on a hot day and it might defeat benefit of remote start cooling down the car. CTS windows cannot be opened from the outside.

jeffc83
05-16-13, 12:11 AM
VWs have this nice feature too but with remote start its kinda not needed and on a hot day and it might defeat benefit of remote start cooling down the car. CTS windows cannot be opened from the outside.

I've been guilty of using the remote start feature to warm my CTS up (or cool it down) too many times and have been holding back lately. IMO, a nice 60-70 degree day doesn't require remote start and would be nice if the windows could be opened just to get some cooler air into the cabin. I do agree with you though, a hot day requires a remote start!