: 6K HID lights and Led on the brake coolers

CTSMOZZ
05-15-13, 10:52 AM
Just finished putting in 6k H.I.D lights, then I installed LED strips on each side of the brake cooler vents.
Blacked out the rear lights to a very dark smoke, still visible in the day and night.
Just thought I share in case anyone is looking to modify the CTS.

July
05-15-13, 01:00 PM
Nice. Should think about blacking out grill and grey bottom part of bumper. It still looks nice

EVH5150
05-15-13, 03:03 PM
Looks fantastic!

Should have come like that.

gohawks63
05-15-13, 05:14 PM
Just finished putting in 6k H.I.D lights, then I installed LED strips on each side of the brake cooler vents.
Blacked out the rear lights to a very dark smoke, still visible in the day and night.
Just thought I share in case anyone is looking to modify the CTS.

Where did you splice in the LEDs?

kjplumm
05-16-13, 06:16 AM
How did you black out the tail lights? Been thinking of doing that to my black caddy.

CTSMOZZ
05-16-13, 11:21 PM
Where did you splice in the LEDs?

I ran the wires up to the fuse box and there is a ground right above that, you can put them on a fused link so when the car turns on they come on or when your lights are on they come on, very simply just be sure to have an inline fuse to be safe.

----------

How did you black out the tail lights? Been thinking of doing that to my black caddy.

I used what everyone else uses here in Florida, and it's called night shades..... scuff up the lights with 2000 grit and spray it with the paint and keep putting as many coats until you see the desired amount of tint and then go over it with clear coat and then the next day use a cleaner wax and they stay shiny, Mine are a bit to dark but I got used to it and you can still see the lights Clearly in the day and night. Check out some Youtube vids to help you out, it's real easy just take your time.

Babalo342
05-20-13, 10:51 PM
I see you have the halogen headlights, how did you wire the HIDs in? I can't figure it out

CTSMOZZ
05-22-13, 11:31 AM
I see you have the halogen headlights, how did you wire the HIDs in? I can't figure it out

Good question, I couldn't figure it out either lol so my local audio place ordered me a conversion kit but I also had to buy the decoder error fix module what whatever that is with it. Then it was simple plug and play, the bad part is I had to take off the whole front clip to install everything but I figured it be a great look and not many CTS owners will go through the trouble I did so I will have a different look. It does bright everything up really nice at night but my only wish was that I went with 8k HID so that way it would match my lower LED's. but I'm still happy with it.