: Attn: Stereo Heads...I need your advice

djais1801
05-15-13, 08:42 AM
My nav crapped out...and it's the 04 model (not touch screen)..I use google maps from my Iphone anyway. I want to replace the head unit.
Any advice...i want bluetooth capability, ipod capability...everything i look at says you have to buy interface adaptors..can't i re-use the hardwired systems from the factory xm, onstar, etc?
the only "patch" i think i would need is to hook up steering wheel controls

the cadillac man
05-15-13, 12:44 PM
My nav crapped out...and it's the 04 model (not touch screen)..I use google maps from my Iphone anyway. I want to replace the head unit.
Any advice...i want bluetooth capability, ipod capability...everything i look at says you have to buy interface adaptors..can't i re-use the hardwired systems from the factory xm, onstar, etc?
the only "patch" i think i would need is to hook up steering wheel controls

Factory stuff and aftermarket radios don't get along

wesyder
05-15-13, 05:09 PM
Factory stuff and aftermarket radios don't get along

Haven't messed with my 05 yet but i installed a aftermarket pioneer nav in a 2012 yukon with the interface adapters and it works flawlessly with the factory products

the cadillac man
05-15-13, 09:02 PM
Haven't messed with my 05 yet but i installed a aftermarket pioneer nav in a 2012 yukon with the interface adapters and it works flawlessly with the factory products

Certain things won't work(xm, cd changer, and rear seat entertainment system(if equipped)) with a aftermarket radio in your 05 like it does in the 2012 yukon the steering wheel controls and onstar will though

Silent_Assasin
05-16-13, 12:09 AM
Certain things won't work(xm, cd changer, and rear seat entertainment system(if equipped)) with a aftermarket radio in your 05 like it does in the 2012 yukon the steering wheel controls and onstar will though why wouldnt xm work, almost EVERY aftermarket head unit has either sirius or xm on it!...but I can tell from all your post your strict on everything being stock! But yes, if your worried about your rear entertainment and your cd changer then aftermarket wouldnt be the easy answer, unless you want to run new cables all over your truck!...

wesyder
05-16-13, 12:16 AM
Certain things won't work(xm, cd changer, and rear seat entertainment system(if equipped)) with a aftermarket radio in your 05 like it does in the 2012 yukon the steering wheel controls and onstar will though

Forgot about that i did have to change out the xm unit

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 02:07 AM
why wouldnt xm work, almost EVERY aftermarket head unit has either sirius or xm on it!...but I can tell from all your post your strict on everything being stock! But yes, if your worried about your rear entertainment and your cd changer then aftermarket wouldnt be the easy answer, unless you want to run new cables all over your truck!...

Stock xm won't work with a aftermarket radio due to data bus resions plus the factory head unit works the tuner over the trucks data bus(same with the cd changer and rear seat audio controls even the rear seat DVD player(if equipped)