: oil leak

malibured
05-15-13, 09:26 AM
I have a 2003 3.2 that has developed a very slight oil leak on the driver side of the engine. Just looking for any info on this before I tear into it. Has anyone had this problem?

CadyTech4Life
06-07-13, 07:28 PM
Probably leaking from camshaft covers. I would recommend replacing with new cover and gasket. Usually the old ones warp and will still develop leak if you only change gasket.

713CTS
06-20-13, 12:37 AM
I had an oil leak that was a 7 dollar fix. It was the oil sensor switch which is in the lower front of the engine. It made a mess everywhere so it took me a little while to find, but worth checking! I have the same car

69 Camaro
07-12-13, 09:52 PM
I have a leak but it looks to be coming from below the oil filter canister. It would be nice to find because I am going through a qt o f oil every 800 miles and it leaves drips were ever I park it.; It's in the garage now sitting over a piece of cardboardl. You're not talking about the oil pressure sending unit under the filter are you? That's not where mine is leaking. Cant see anything from under the hood. but plenty of oil dripping off the drivers side of the oil pan. It's the 3.6 in an 06 SRX.
w

Ikera
11-24-13, 04:04 PM
CTS 3.2
front bottom part of the engine is covered in oil, all over the oil pan and actual dripping oil from the top oil filter housing, not sure if it's all coming from the front or from the valve covers possible.
I'll do the valve covers first and see where it takes me

CaddyObsessed
11-25-13, 07:01 PM
I just fixed an oil leak on my 2005 SRX with the 3.6 V6. Under the car I unbolted and moved the AC compressor out of the way. The base of the oil filter adaptor has 4 bolts and it also has one bolt accessible from the top of the engine. All 4 lower bolts were loose. Like finger tight only/ barely. Torqued them all properly and leak is fixed. Reinstall compressor.