: Has anyone complemented your ATS?

AtlantaGuy00
05-15-13, 02:50 AM
I've had my ATS luxury in Thunder Gray since last October. Not once has anyone complemented me on it or asked any questions about it. I haven't even noticed anyone checking it out in traffic. I'm kind if miffed. To this day people stil complement me at gas stations or in parking lts about my 2007 Black Raven DTS. I used to get complements all the time about my 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata. I mean people would want me to open that car up and show it to them. But my ATS... Nada. I think it's a sexy car, so I don't get the lack of attention. When it was in for service I got complements on the CTS loaner! What gives?

MD-11
05-15-13, 03:21 AM
CTS looks better :D Couldn't resist that

pissedoffwookiee
05-15-13, 03:46 AM
I get compliments all the time, but mine is opulent blue, so eyeballs stick to it. I love the grey, so let me be the first to say, NICE CAR DUDE!!!

rustybear3
05-15-13, 07:49 AM
I got my diamond white Premium last year (October) and was constantly bombarded with questions and compliments at gas stations, etc., especially since so few on them were on the road. The LEDS especially were a hit. They really get people's attention (and mine as well). It's coming up to a year now since the car's been released, so not as new or unique anymore. But I still get the occasional oohs and aahs , when it's lit up at night with handles etc. I also get honks and thumbs up on the roads...

Bertha D Blues
05-15-13, 08:54 AM
I've received two complements from 20-something strangers who loved my "CTS". I don't mind because I have another car that gets constant attention and I make new friends whenever I drive it.

gfxbt
05-15-13, 09:18 AM
I've had several people ask me about it and the obligatory compliments from neighbors. I've also had several people show disbelief, then approval when they see it is an MT (but I think they are just happy that Cadillac offered it). Think about it though, would you compliment some random person on their 3 Series, or better yet, their C Class or IS? "Hey man, that is a great looking entry level Mercedes with an automatic transmission. Awesome! I bet you like telling people you drive an MB!" I don't think so.

Now, before I start problems with implying that "entry level" has negative connotations . . . Entry level is really just the physical size of the car. If you want a small sports sedan, this is it. It's not because your poor that you bought an "entry level" car, I was just making a point in the above example.

Long story short, now that the car has been out there for awhile and they aren't as few and far between, I wouldn't expect a lot of attention. Honestly, how often are you driving down the road and you see a 356/C1 Fuelie/2002 Turbo/GT3RS/etc. or something like that that is truly impressive and gives you a sudden urge to complement strangers?

Fraggy
05-15-13, 10:27 AM
I hadn't gotten two blocks from the dealer before I got my first complement. Then, I received one the very next day When I parked to go in and have some lunch. Then they dropped off for a while but recently I got a couple complements and stares within the last week

bravnik
05-15-13, 11:06 AM
People ask me all the time about mine. Though they been out a while I honestly have only seen 2 on the road in the same day at that. What amazes me is the people that comment. They range from the old timer staring at it when I walked out of Walgreen's the other day to the tatted guy that looked right out of state prison. The only car that got equal attention that I owned was my old Honda S2000 (What a great car).

I also don't understand why I don't see more on the road. I live in the Bay Area where you see BMW's and Mercedes like Civics in the rest of the US. I never saw so many 40K+ cars on the road until I moved here. Like I mentioned above, I have only seen 2 ATS's on the road and both within 20 minutes of each other.

Stevo Supremo
05-15-13, 11:25 AM
yeah I get people complimenting it all the time, and being so young I've had a bunch of

"nice car! who'd ya steal it from"

"that your dads car?"

etc etc

I'm not like NO! I work hard, its my car! lol

josefelipe
05-15-13, 02:15 PM
I got compliments in the first few weeks. Had a full out conversation at a gas station, and someone yelled at me in the street: "nice car!" I have it in Crystal Red, so the color is also often complimented. But the best one was a couple days ago in the movie theater parking lot.
A boy about 7 years old, walking along with his parents, points at the car and tell his dad: "look that's the car, it's so cool." I instantly remembered falling in love with cars as a child and how one's imagination runs wild.
This car is art on wheels, it's like have visitors appreciate the paintings on your wall.

AtlantaGuy00
05-15-13, 03:10 PM
Maybe it's the Thunder Gray. One thing about that color is that is absolutely MUST be kept clean, otherwise it's just plain old gray.

pissedoffwookiee
05-15-13, 03:41 PM
Maybe it's the Thunder Gray. One thing about that color is that is absolutely MUST be kept clean, otherwise it's just plain old gray.

that was my thinking when I bought the car, I wanted a color that wouldn't hide the body details and it had to be traded for and it had to have CUE, I was primarily looking for silver, red, blue and the blue popped up first in availability, so I bought it.

interestingly, like a previous poster noted, I would say half the compliments I get are for the color not the model.

MyfirstCad
05-15-13, 05:49 PM
I received compliments from from men and women, mid 20's to 60's. Everyone really loves styling, inside and out...especially the red threads in the carbon fiber that match the leather.

bollyjack
05-15-13, 11:33 PM
Received a compliment from a worker at a McDonalds drive-thru. I have ATS Luxary trim with Black Diamond Tricoat with Red Interior, so it pops. Dont' have the HID Headlamps though :(

JSATS
05-16-13, 07:44 AM
I think the color makes a big difference. The grey colors are very nuetral and don't stand out even though they have a very luxurious look to them. My first Audi was all black and it never got much attention unless it was all polished up. My second Audi was bright red and it was an attention getter for sure. I got so many looks and compliments on that car. I think the red ATS will get way more attention than any other color. I do get looks when driving my black ATS but they look like any other late model caddy on the road.

rspitler
05-16-13, 08:50 AM
I have a Crystal Red 3.6 Premium and get questions and comments all the time. My wife came out of the grocery store and she told me there were a group of people standing around the car. Her first thought was someone hit it or something. But no, just a couple of car guys admiring the car. At stop lights, gas stations and even driving through the mall parking lot I get the stares and thumbs up. It has tapered off though as the car has been out for awhile now.

Rongotti
05-16-13, 10:00 AM
I have a black 3.6 Luxury with Red Morello interior and I definitely get compliments, but not as many as I am used to. Most of them are on the interior or the speed and handling from passengers, but have also gotten some love at the gas station too. Coming from my old vehicle a 2007 Avalanche, everyone used to tell me that was the nicest truck they had seen. Maybe I am spoiled, because I also have a Ducati Diavel which always has people stopped looking at it and taking pictures when I come out of a store or restaurant. Tha ATS wants love too! :(

kmb32687
05-16-13, 12:39 PM
A lot of old people came up to me and ask questions. Some motorsport people came up to me too. They were surprise that ATS have turbo, RWD and manual. A lot of people though my ATS come with AWD or FWD. And automatic.

I raced with bone stock 2013 sti and beat him about 2 car length. He looks shocked and followed me to gas station. He asked me a lot of question about my car. Last thing he said "what a sleeper car". :-)

USe-car
05-16-13, 02:24 PM
Yes. Almost every time that I go to the car wash.

73JPS
05-16-13, 10:25 PM
I took my car to a detailer for a wash and wax today: the mechanic from the neighbouring garage come over just to take a look at it.

My next door neighbour and I also have a bit of a running gag these days where every time he sees me he says "Nice car!" to which I respond "Thanks! Wanna buy a Lotus?" (I am trying to sell one): but in seriousness, he does seem to be pretty impressed with it.

huna
05-17-13, 10:35 AM
I have a black 3.6 Luxury with Red Morello interior and I definitely get compliments, but not as many as I am used to. Most of them are on the interior or the speed and handling from passengers, but have also gotten some love at the gas station too. Coming from my old vehicle a 2007 Avalanche, everyone used to tell me that was the nicest truck they had seen. Maybe I am spoiled, because I also have a Ducati Diavel which always has people stopped looking at it and taking pictures when I come out of a store or restaurant. Tha ATS wants love too! :(

You had me until you said Avalanche. Yikes. (No offense.)

Rongotti
05-17-13, 06:33 PM
None taken, the Avy got more love than any other vehicle I have owned. Lol

huna
05-17-13, 07:09 PM

You know what, in black and with your setup, that actually looks good to me. Bravo to you.

Rongotti
05-17-13, 08:59 PM
Haha thank you sir! The rims actually sold me on the truck, I rode by the dealership and saw that set up and grabbed a new one off the lot and had them put the rims from the used on on my truck.

pissedoffwookiee
05-18-13, 12:13 AM
My ATS got complimented by two homeless ladies on my lunch break today, I guess if I were younger, homeless and needed a car to up my game, I now know what car to get. :alchi:

RemaxAl
05-18-13, 12:40 AM
A lot has to do with colour I think. I have a Silver Coast Metallic ATS. I know Old Mans Color, I'm an oldman and I've had a ton of cars all colors. I chose the ATS on different criteria and really could careless about the color. You get that way after a time. . This week the ATS was in the shop all week (see oil leak thread). They gave me a new Buick Regal Black. I received more comments on the Regal than the Caddy.

AL

AtlantaGuy00
05-18-13, 01:30 AM
While not a complement, when I first bought the car I took it in for its first wash. The man in front of me knew what it was. (This was last October when I had the first one in my area) and he said " Oh, you're on the bleeding edge". He was right.

AtlantaGuy00
05-18-13, 01:37 AM
Here are some pics of mine: 108521108529108513108537

Steve247
05-18-13, 02:04 AM
I get compliments all the time, thou I have the opulent blue and I painted my calipers red - front and back with Brembo insignias...

torkibe
05-21-13, 12:24 AM
Yes; almost daily. Most often it's by someone "in the know" about cars. Frequently though, its about the Black Diamond Tri-Coat paint.

ben.gators
05-21-13, 07:29 AM
I've received two complements from 20-something strangers who loved my "CTS". I don't mind because I have another car that gets constant attention and I make new friends whenever I drive it.

What is your another car?

pissedoffwookiee
05-21-13, 08:18 PM
My ATS got complimented by two homeless ladies on my lunch break today, I guess if I were younger, homeless and needed a car to up my game, I now know what car to get. :alchi:

Grilling hotdogs for my daughters birthday Sunday and wife tells me were out of ketchup, so i make a run to 7/11 to get more and another homeless guy tells me my car is the baddest car he'd ever seen and it being a Cadillac makes it even better. I appreciate the compliments but why is this car a hit with the homeless?:hmm::bonkers:

Bertha D Blues
05-21-13, 08:54 PM
What is your another car?
Hi Ben. My other car is a '64 Thunderbird convertible, which I've owned for 26 years so far.

Rifle and rucksack
05-24-13, 10:07 PM
I've had my ATS luxury in Thunder Gray since last October. Not once has anyone complemented me on it or asked any questions about it. I haven't even noticed anyone checking it out in traffic. I'm kind if miffed. To this day people stil complement me at gas stations or in parking lts about my 2007 Black Raven DTS. I used to get complements all the time about my 2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata. I mean people would want me to open that car up and show it to them. But my ATS... Nada. I think it's a sexy car, so I don't get the lack of attention. When it was in for service I got complements on the CTS loaner! What gives?

I just saw this post and had to comment. The reason that you may be experiencing this is a lot of people are just not aware that Cadillac as done anything different. To explain: before I bought mine I did some parking lot shopping and later a test drive. Before the test drive I was in love with the styling of the CTS coupe and not so much with the sedan and my mind seem to be made up. I had seen the ATS but at first site it just looked like a smaller CTS sedan. Anyway one day I was driving and noticed what I thought was a very nice black and more sporty CTS sedan. Wrong! I drove along side of it and noticed it was the ATS by its front LEDs and THEN noticed the rest of the differences . That's when I fell in love and knew I was buying one. I have had many compliments on it at work, or someone usually comes in the office and comments on how nice it is, but only one guy at a gas station said "that's the new ATS isn't it? Beautiful car man! " Most people just think it is another CTS or similar because the rear looks so similar at first glance and a lot of people are unaware that it is an all new car at all. Just to add, I seem to be getting a little more attention since adding the rear wing spoiler.

----------

I also came from a 2007 avalanche. Grey stone metallic,nice wheels aftermarket chrome grille,etc. and I too got a lot of compliments. Some were surprised that I got rid of it for the ATS! Lol!

AtlantaGuy00
05-25-13, 02:30 AM
Finally.... I let a friend borrow the car to drive to a real estate showing. He was showing a wearhouse. Turns out the buyer wants to store a classic car collection in it. He noticed the ATS and wanted to see it inside and out. He raved about the car, on and on. This was an incredible complement coming from an enthusiast and collector. While I wasn't there, it was nice to hear.

Rongotti
05-25-13, 11:42 AM
Nice to see another former Avy owner on here R&R! Yea my friends were all texting me saying dont get rid of the truck, when I was on my way to trade her in. I had her since day one and it was pretty tough to do it, but definitely loving the ATS. I have a golf tournament next Friday so we will see how much I will be missing the Avalanche, not sure how my clubs are going to fit yet lol.

Rifle and rucksack
05-25-13, 12:01 PM
Nice to see another former Avy owner on here R&R! Yea my friends were all texting me saying dont get rid of the truck, when I was on my way to trade her in. I had her since day one and it was pretty tough to do it, but definitely loving the ATS. I have a golf tournament next Friday so we will see how much I will be missing the Avalanche, not sure how my clubs are going to fit yet lol.

Yeah, I miss the Avy sometimes, but only when I have something large or dirty that needs to be transported. Now I just order more offline . LOL! No but I love the caddy now and don't miss the $70 to $100 fill ups especially. Also love the way the ATS handles the corners on my daily drive. Good luck at the golf tournament next week. I am 99% sure the clubs will fit.

JoshuaDav
05-28-13, 03:23 PM
My black raven has gotten quite a few compliments and plenty of stares! :)

EnvoyBu
05-28-13, 07:10 PM
I get all kinds of stares and thumbs up in my ATS. I have been asked a few questions about it and have been told "I love your Caddy" a lot.

Today, a gentleman in a Bentley Continental Convertible gave me a thumbs up!

Lorne
05-28-13, 07:12 PM
I try to keep my eyes on the road...

bluecrayon
05-28-13, 07:41 PM
I get all kinds of stares and thumbs up in my ATS. I have been asked a few questions about it and have been told "I love your Caddy" a lot.

Today, a gentleman in a Bentley Continental Convertible gave me a thumbs up!

Have had my opulent blue for only a month and I've seen several people stare a bit, but no one has complimented it.

EvanZaiNa
05-30-13, 06:56 PM
it's definitely not the reason that I bought it, but mine turns heads and gets complimented at almost every fill up stop...
that said...i always smile LARGE when I see my reflection in a shiny building of me in my all black Caddie