: Map Light

json3144
05-14-13, 10:22 PM
So I got a 2012 cts rental the other day and was amazed to see the lighting differences on the interior.
I have a 2011 premium coupe, it does not have the led running along the dash.
I do however see a small hole in the dome light housing that appears to be a map light. It doesn't currently light up. Does my 2011 have this option?

jeffc83
05-14-13, 11:21 PM
My 08 Premium has it on the dash, above the center console and in the footwells. I believe Cadillac deleted the footwells in 2010. (correct me if I'm wrong) I would think the coupes have the dash and console lighting...you have the premium trim too, hmmm.

Obviously they only turn on with the headlights. Maybe a bad fuse or short somewhere?

somedaycts
05-15-13, 07:58 AM
You're describing the ambient lighting package. If you are absolutely certain you have a Premium model coupe, you might want to check your fuses or take the car to a dealer to find out why it isn't working.

It's also possible you have a Performance model, which does not have the ambient lighting package.

BreakingThrough
05-15-13, 12:50 PM
If you do indeed have the ambient lighting package, the LED in the overhead console you describe is supposed to light up the gear shift area on the center console. However, I think the light is so dim it's practically worthless. The only way I can even tell there is an LED in there is if I put my hand up almost directly next to it. I don't think I've ever been in conditions dark enough to actually notice that overhead light doing anything.

The dash lighting and footwell lighting, however, is very noticeable. And very cool, to me at least.

jeffc83
05-15-13, 03:07 PM
If you do indeed have the ambient lighting package, the LED in the overhead console you describe is supposed to light up the gear shift area on the center console. However, I think the light is so dim it's practically worthless. The only way I can even tell there is an LED in there is if I put my hand up almost directly next to it. I don't think I've ever been in conditions dark enough to actually notice that overhead light doing anything.

The dash lighting and footwell lighting, however, is very noticeable. And very cool, to me at least.

Ditto...I love it too.

Wonder if the overhead LED could easily be replaced with a brighter one. I may have to see if there is an overhead console floating around on fleabay.

jghiller
05-15-13, 11:11 PM
I have a 12 Premium Coupe and they have the ambient light around the dash from door to door. Dont know of any map light just the 2 reading lights that you manually press to use. Your 11 Premium Coupe should have the ambient light strip along the dash as well as the light to wash the gear shift area.

al williams
05-15-13, 11:42 PM
The dashboard light strip and the overhead light are on the same rheostat as the gauge lights (the knob below the Driver Information Center buttons.) If the gauge lights are turned down, the dashboard light strip and the overhead light are out. If the gauge lights are turned up, the others come on.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-16-13, 04:28 PM
So I got a 2012 cts rental the other day and was amazed to see the lighting differences on the interior.
I have a 2011 premium coupe, it does not have the led running along the dash.
I do however see a small hole in the dome light housing that appears to be a map light. It doesn't currently light up. Does my 2011 have this option?

Hello json3144,

If you would like me to look into this for you, I am more than happy to. You can private message me with your contact information and VIN so I can explore these options.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service