: D3 Front Spoiler Upgrade CTS-V (Sedan/Coupe/Wagon)

Dr. Design
05-14-13, 07:24 PM
D3 | CTS-V Front Spoiler

Elegance & the Motorsport Spirit are the key factors in the design philosophy of D3.

The D3 Front Spoiler for CTS-V is a 2pc front spoiler that adds on to the OEM front bumper. The D3 Front Spoiler does not require drilling and will be installed on to OEM mounting positions giving the CTS-V a more aggressive yet sporty look.

Note: Comes unfinished, painting required.

$395 MSRP | USD

http://d3groupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/D3-Front-Spoiler-CTS-V-03.jpg
http://d3groupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/D3-Front-Spoiler-CTS-V-05.jpg
http://d3groupinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/D3-Front-Spoiler-CTS-V-01.jpg

For more information or additional information, please visit our website http://d3groupinc.com/cts-v_front_spoiler/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Mistercoffee2
05-15-13, 07:50 PM
Why is this allowed here? It's nothing but an ad. Nothing new about d3's high priced body parts. Also applies to the "Elegant" but useless design philosophy of the d3 intake. MHO

Dr. Design
05-15-13, 07:58 PM
Thank you for your thoughts, albeit as misplaced as our ad...

If you are interested in a D3 front spoiler for a 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V, this post is for you. If you are not interested in that subject, please refrain from polluting another helpful thread for potentially new members to the forums that are unaware that there is a product offering for something they may or may not be interested in. Anything deviating from the topic at hand is considered off topic and should be moved to a proper section, IMHO.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Why is this allowed here? It's nothing but an ad. Nothing new about d3's high priced body parts. Also check out their useless d3 intake. MHO

ctsvracingalan
05-15-13, 08:18 PM
Yes add it to you V and it will look awesome

Mistercoffee2
05-15-13, 08:24 PM
I feel it my responsibility to inform new members of d3's uses this forum to promote cheep "Eye Candy" products under the guise of "Elegance & the Motorsport Spirit".

My complaint was where you put it. I thought it should be in the classified area. Our new members will find you if they want to.

You will have the last word on this because I realize you are a big wig on this forum and I don't want to get booted off.

----------

Yes add it to you V and it will look awesome

The V looks awesome without it and there are better looking splitters. I think that is the proper name for the function this product aims to do. But then "The Doctor Knows Best".

thebigjimsho
05-15-13, 08:39 PM
Why is this allowed here? It's nothing but an ad. Nothing new about d3's high priced body parts. Also applies to the "Elegant" but useless design philosophy of the d3 intake. MHO

Because they are a vendor and pay for the ability. You can hate their parts all you want. And while I think they are overpriced, I don't think this spoiler is too bad.

Mistercoffee2
05-15-13, 08:43 PM
Because they are a vendor and pay for the ability. You can hate their parts all you want. And while I think they are overpriced, I don't think this spoiler is too bad.

Agreed.

Dr. Design
05-15-13, 08:48 PM
Really? I think you mean it is in YOUR opinion, not responsibility... Unless I missed something, or maybe a moderator can clarify your role on the forums, I still see "Cadillac Owners Fanatic" under your screen name. Let's go ahead and leave the responsibilities to the responsible parties that the community has put in place. In the meantime we will just chalk this up to your opinion and carry on.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I feel it my responsibility to inform new members of d3's uses this forum to promote cheep "Eye Candy" products under the guise of "Elegance & the Motorsport Spirit".

My complaint was where you put it. I thought it should be in the vender area. Our new members will find you if they want to.

You will have the last word on this because I realize you are a big wig on this forum and I don't want to get booted off.

Random84
05-18-13, 11:44 PM
I think you (or someone else) would sell a few hundred of these if they came pre-painted. In the Corvette world a few companies offer pre-painted stuff and they are VERY popular.

Granted, Corvettes are more numerous/higher volume, but Cadillac doesn't exactly burn down the painter's booth with new and interesting colors every other year... it shouldn't be too hard to paint batches of ten in silver/black/blue/gray and see what happens. :D

Anyway, for me - I like the look of the D3 and other aftermarket splitters/spoilers, but "unpainted" means I have to tack another $150 or so onto the price for something to be cleaned up, paint-matched and clear-coated... plus the time waiting for it to ship, then to drop off at a local painter and wait some more... then it just doesn't seem cost effective?

DCV
05-19-13, 09:14 PM
Paint some them and you will sell more of them. At least the three or four basic colors, that should not be hard or at least offer to paint them prior to shipping. Otherwise as pointed out we need to get a shop to paint it and most shops don't want to piddle around with such a small job.

montgb
05-21-13, 11:16 PM
FWIW, I'll post pictures of the D3 splitters on my radiant silver V when they're painted/installed this week. Regarding painting, no one should have any problem finding a shop to do this for $75 or less. You can also DIY for $30 (primer, paint, clear). I've done both with past projects, but prefer to use a professional in the interest of time.

I'm new to the V (but not to modding), and I appreciate a company like D3 for bringing original designs and choice to the aftermarket.

montgb
05-23-13, 11:11 PM
Camera shot. I am very pleased with the results - it adds subtle aggressiveness to the front. Perfect fitment.