Cadillac Owners Forum banner

looking or brake pads for a day at the track. Suggestions?

962 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  odla 
#1 ·
Hey All. Just like the subject says, I will be doing a track day next week and am looking for a set of pads to swap out for the day. Thoughts?

#2 ·
Hello,
Depends on the rest of your combination. Most of the cars we setup for the track are running R4's on slotted rotors, D3 brake lines, and upgraded brake fluid. All of this on sticky rubber. If this is your first time out with the car, I would advise that you see how the combination feels to you before making wholesale changes. Also a lot of this will depend on your driving style too. You have plenty of tried and true options available.

What track are you running? What mods do you have done to your car? OEM rubber?

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

#5 ·
I ended up going with a set of Hawk DTC-60 for the front, and leaving the back stock. Install them on Friday and break em in on Saturday. We'll see how it performs. pretty aggressive but I will be taking my dad with so the car will be getting 2x the driving.

We are going up to Brainerd International Speedway in Brainerd, Minnesota on Monday.

Mods: None.
Rubber: OEM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.