: CTS-V Spotter's Guide

04cts v
05-14-13, 09:00 AM
What are some quick, easy to ID visual differences between a normal CTS and the V?

JD03Cobra
05-14-13, 09:15 AM
Mesh grill, whole front clip, V badging and pizza wheels.

trukk
05-14-13, 09:30 AM
Easiest way is to take a look at the wheels:

- 18" OEM 7 spoke silver painted rims
- 6 lug wheels
- 4 pot brembo's front and rear with V logo on them
- 14" rotors

Mesh grill obviously, however that is probabaly the #1 mod regular CTS owners seem to make.

From the rear it is easy. V has two lines molded into the rear bumper cover. Regular only has 1. An example below.

-Chris

HAMSTAR
05-14-13, 10:08 AM
Is it driven by an extremely attractive human being? Is it going faster than prevailing traffic? If yes to both, it's a V. :p

Andringa
05-14-13, 10:15 AM
Usually if it's going down the road sideways, it's a V.

HAMSTAR
05-14-13, 10:20 AM
Is something exploding on it? if yes, it's PISNUOFF's V.

BigDaddy-V
05-14-13, 11:05 AM
Hey Chris,

What color is that on your rims? Been looking to do something different on mine and how I like the matte black that color you have looks amazing! Wondering if it would look as good on an 04 light platinum?

BDV

trukk
05-14-13, 01:28 PM
Hey Chris,

What color is that on your rims? Been looking to do something different on mine and how I like the matte black that color you have looks amazing! Wondering if it would look as good on an 04 light platinum?

BDV

That's not my V, just first pic I pulled off the net.

I assume those are probabaly a gunmetal poweder coat.

The rear facia and spoiler on that car look like ass. But them again my car has a dent on the side that looks worse.

My rims are always coal dust color. Happens to coincide with running AX6 pads on the stree and my once yearly car washing regime.

-Chris

mstrjon32
05-14-13, 02:40 PM
Grinding and bucking when starting off from the lights.

RippyPartsDept
05-14-13, 03:30 PM
there's a bunch of V6s out there with front and rear bumpers (and even the side 'ground effect' moldings too) so i usually just stick to checking the lug nuts

BigDaddy-V
05-14-13, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up on that not being your V! I agree with you on the rear fascia of that car. Looks to fake! There is no way I could only wash mine once a year! Did like your brake dust comment!

BDV

Wingsfan4life
05-14-13, 05:13 PM
I actually saw a real V1 with 5 bolt..kinda thought it was odd, and I would never change that aspect or our cars, this is what makes us different...but the dude wanted different wheels so he changed the hubs....

TheLostDriver
05-15-13, 10:12 AM
Seen a V1 with 5 lug conversion on some 5th gen camaro wheels and it was sexy

odthetruth
05-17-13, 12:26 PM
Grinding and bucking when starting off from the lights.

LOL When I saw this, I laughed because once I accidentally tried to roll off the light in 4th gear... and I was able to do it without stalling, but jesus christ... bucked like an animal. I just kept laughing.

JDB
05-17-13, 04:51 PM
I think it's very obvious that a stock CTS is not a V, but there are several things people do to make it look like a V...grills, bumpers, skirts, bigger wheels, debadge, get a V dual exhaust, etc.

I was so pissed when I saw a lowered black V way up in the distance on a highway and I politely fought traffic to reach him to then only look inside the wheels for 5 lugs and small brakes... and zero exhaust note. Poser. He wouldn't even look over, some punk kid. I dropped the hammer to let him know what a V sounds like (with headers ).

odthetruth
05-17-13, 05:31 PM
I think it's very obvious that a stock CTS is not a V, but there are several things people do to make it look like a V...grills, bumpers, skirts, bigger wheels, debadge, get a V dual exhaust, etc.

I was so pissed when I saw a lowered black V way up in the distance on a highway and I politely fought traffic to reach him to then only look inside the wheels for 5 lugs and small brakes... and zero exhaust note. Poser. He wouldn't even look over, some punk kid. I dropped the hammer to let him know what a V sounds like (with headers ).

My inspiration to getting my V was this white diamond V I saw locally every day. It wasn't until after I purchased my V and did a bit more research that I noted the V was a six lug and never came in white diamond.

A poser is responsible for making me buy my V. LOL Now I make sure to downshift it near that car every time I pass it.