: Replacement Seat Pricing - Flood Damage - No Power

Ephs
05-14-13, 12:32 AM
Howdy again all, both seats on my 2011 CTS do not move (flood damage) - How much would I be looking at to simply replace both seats with the wiring and all the extras?

Would it be worth having someone look at it to see if was fixable? I'm only concerned with the driver side & was wondering if I'd be able to find a used one on a salvage vehicle somewhere and just replace the entire thing? When I peeked my head underneath I saw the main wire harness was cut and disconnected but I was pretty overwhelmed.

Any help here would be welcomed.. I would even be totally content if I could adjust it to where I wanted it without replacing it but considering its pretty much all power everything I dont think that is possible

Tbbt
05-14-13, 08:16 AM
Ephs,

Take a look on eBay. I've seen them for sale a different times. If you could wait for the right seats to show up, you could score on them. I've even seen Recaro seats for sale there.

good luck

M5eater
05-14-13, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't bother with the seats unless you've had a certified eletrician who has had a few years of diagnosing automotive systems *tell* you that the problem is in the seat motors somewhere.

if the car was flooded who knows what the hell else could have failed. All the relays could have blown, or the terminals corroded or a million other things. you're about to find out why Flooded cars are deemed total losses by insurance companies and it then becomes a big deal to make sure they're crushed and never sold again.

Ephs
05-14-13, 11:12 AM
Yeah I hear ya... Is there any chance of manually moving the seat back?

M5eater
05-14-13, 12:20 PM
Hookup a 12v supply to the individual motors. Again though, I wouldn't attempt without knowing where to supply power and what you're doing :/