: Honeymoon stage of new V1

Becker
05-13-13, 11:51 PM
Hey All,

I bought a 2006 black with tan V1 with 73000. So far I am loving the car, I have only owned it since last Thursday and I love it !! I have owned f-bodies before but always wanted a V. I will post pics soon I hope as soon as I wash it later this week :)

I just wanted to say hello to all and I have read probably 100 threads so far :bouncy:

I think something shifter or clutch related may be the first mod, I do not care for the way it shifts. It is very smooth but it seems like a long through, I am just use to a shorter throw I think.

Any suggestions on anything at all ?

*Pics coming later this week*

PISNUOFF
05-14-13, 05:17 AM
Congrats. The honeymoon lasts a LONG time.

I suggest a PISNUOFF shifter.

HAMSTAR
05-14-13, 06:17 AM
^ best first mod you can do

rand49er
05-14-13, 07:29 AM
A shifter. Before you do anything else, do a shifter.

Becker
05-14-13, 09:12 AM
I was thinking of a shifter as well, what are the other benefits of an upgraded shifter other than a "shorter throw".

PISNUOFF - I have tried to PM you which I think you received, I believe you replied to me but for some reason my inbox says full...But it is empty. Maybe I need to make some posts first before it will allow me access?? I have never experienced this problem on forums before like LS1Tech

ls6v
05-14-13, 09:15 AM
Get a cags eliminator if you dont already have one while you're at it. Cheap and makes driving a lot more enjoyable.

HAMSTAR
05-14-13, 10:06 AM
I was thinking of a shifter as well, what are the other benefits of an upgraded shifter other than a "shorter throw".

PISNUOFF - I have tried to PM you which I think you received, I believe you replied to me but for some reason my inbox says full...But it is empty. Maybe I need to make some posts first before it will allow me access?? I have never experienced this problem on forums before like LS1Tech

The forum does have a minimum post count before you can PM. If you just post in his ordering thread, i'm sure he'll take care of you: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/192900-custom-short-shifter-ordering-process.html

Pho_phizzat
05-14-13, 10:42 AM
Where abouts do you live?

Becker
05-14-13, 03:21 PM
ordered Cags elim. two days ago...Not a fan of skip shift in any gm car...

----------

I live in San Jose, CA

PISNUOFF
05-14-13, 06:27 PM

I tried to respond twice. I believe you are allotted two PM's right now and both are in your sent folder. I saved my response so send me an email. br_1868 (at) hotmail (dot) com and I'll just paste it into a reply.

A few other benefits of mine are reduced side to side play, lowered knob height and factory style connection between the upper and lower portions which doesn't transmit vibrations into the cabin.

Becker
05-14-13, 08:40 PM
email sent

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-15-13, 08:49 PM
Welcome and happy honeymooning with your new V!
Sarah, Cadillac Customer Care