: Do I have tinted tails or tail covers??

silkjones
05-13-13, 09:30 PM
Ok so I purchased this as is and I thought the tails were tinted. I got some paint thinner/laquer and tried to rub the tint off but nothing happened so now I'm wondering if these are actual covers. Can anyone give me any help on this?

shore
05-13-13, 11:12 PM
I'd say those are tinted and your bumper has been repainted.

silkjones
05-14-13, 12:31 AM
Awesome...well that is some crazy tint because that paint thinner did absolutely nothing to it.

BEarle
05-14-13, 08:44 AM
They must have been painted on with a strong paint. There's special paint that they have for tinting the lights, if somebody uses regular Home Depot type paint it will never come off. That's what my guy told me who owns a shop.

blackex
05-14-13, 08:51 AM
Looks professionally painted and clear coated.

silkjones
05-14-13, 09:13 AM
Which means I would be better off getting new tails, right?

blackex
05-14-13, 09:34 AM
If you don't like the tinted look and prefer stock I would purchase new tails or look online for cheap used ones. I'll buy your tinted ones off of you unless they are painted really dark.

silkjones
05-14-13, 09:38 AM
You can see thru them fine...I guess im just getting old and prefer the stock look. I'll take a photo of them with the lights on and with the brakes engaged.

blackex
05-14-13, 09:39 AM
I'll PM you. I have a black 07 escalade and have considered purchasing another pair of tail lights to have tinted to see how it looks.

Mr.SWAG
05-14-13, 09:44 AM
You can use gasoline on a rag it will take the paint off no problem

silkjones
05-14-13, 09:46 AM
You can use gasoline on a rag it will take the paint off no problem

Lmao...gas is $3.50/gallon bro...how many gallons you talking?

shore
05-14-13, 11:01 AM
I'd seriously leave that tint on there. You find something strong enough to remove the clear/paint chances are it's going to melt some of the plastic under it.

Put those up for sale or trade for stock, you'll have a taker in no time.

Mr.SWAG
05-14-13, 01:28 PM
I had to take the tint off my tail lights I put gas on a rag it came off no problem I polished my tall lights after and they came out perfect

silkjones
05-14-13, 01:38 PM
I had to take the tint off my tail lights I put gas on a rag it came off no problem I polished my tall lights after and they came out perfect

Gotcha...the only thing is I dont know if this is paint or tint. I got some good advice from the guys here so I want to explore those options first. I may just sell them. If that doesn't work I will try your gas option just for kicks.