: New ETC for me, sunroof/headroom

mortorq
05-13-13, 05:24 PM
In a few days I will be picking up a '97 black on black Eldorado ETC. I've had it checked for the standard potential calamities, nothing indicated.

I've heard all the mechanical, coolant, & electrical, tales of woe from Cadillac mechanics to owners. Oh well, guilty pleasure I guess.

I do have a genuine question regarding headroom with the sunroof drivers side track.

Being 6'2", there's no other way to be comfortable other than modifying the seat frame lower, or else do the "Deetroyt Lean" to keep ones head from rubbing.

Has anyone had this headroom/sunroof issue?

Thanks

orconn
05-13-13, 09:23 PM
At 6'2" you must be very long waisted to not be able to adjust the standard seat in the Eldorado to keep your head from touching the roof. 6'2" is just not that tall be bothered by the lack of headroom in this car.

MoistCabbage
05-13-13, 10:55 PM
I'm 6' even, mostly in the torso. With the seat in a comfortable position, my head hits the ceiling in my Seville.

creeker
05-13-13, 10:58 PM
I think this is the first time I've heard about sun roof track clearance,(been on this forum over 14 years), I have a 92 eldo. and have never felt cramped for
head clearance, I used to have a 97 sts and was slightly aware of head clearance in that car.

Ranger
05-14-13, 10:48 AM
I've had 2 or 3 cars with sun roofs. My hair has just touched the roof on every one (I'm 6'2"), unless of coarse I put the seat in an uncomfortable position all the way down on the floor. Head room is the price you pay. That roof has to go somewhere and it takes an inch or two out of the head space. It's just the nature of the beast.

SilverCoupe
05-15-13, 04:15 PM
I fit comfortable in my 98ETC, I am 6'1' but have no sunroof. Was not aware that it gives less headroom? I guess it makes sense. Man I always think, my next car will have a sunroof... perhaps not now. no leaking worries anynow. They are nice addition to have though.

77CDV
05-15-13, 05:32 PM
:welcome: The ETC is a fun car to play with. Sorry about the headroom issues, though. Guess there are times it pays to be short! :lol:

CadillacLuke24
05-23-13, 01:38 AM
How do you guys adjust your seats? I'm 6'1" and change and I have a reasonable amount of headroom.

ManoViper
05-26-13, 02:18 PM
I have a 98 STS with a sun roof and at 6'3" I don't have an issue with head room at all. I'm wondering if maybe you should adjust your seat so that your butt is lower then your knees.

CadillacLuke24
05-27-13, 10:28 PM
I have a 98 STS with a sun roof and at 6'3" I don't have an issue with head room at all. I'm wondering if maybe you should adjust your seat so that your butt is lower then your knees.

BINGO! I have mine adjusted like a recliner. Most comfortable chair EVAR!