: 04 escalade key fob problems

Je357
05-13-13, 04:40 PM
Out of no where both my key fobs dont work. And yes i changed both batteries. And nothing? What could this be. I finally got in my truck cause i dont have a door key . Only fobs and ignition key. When i got in to try and reprogram the fobs . I cant complete the sequence cause the fobs dont respond. Any input

----------

Btw bought the truck from a auction with just igNition key. The cyclinder was changed to ign..and i dont have a door key. Only way in my truck is the fobs. Bought two oem ones and programmed them myself from this forum. They worked fine all year up until last week.

the cadillac man
05-13-13, 10:53 PM
Out of no where both my key fobs dont work. And yes i changed both batteries. And nothing? What could this be. I finally got in my truck cause i dont have a door key . Only fobs and ignition key. When i got in to try and reprogram the fobs . I cant complete the sequence cause the fobs dont respond. Any input

----------

Btw bought the truck from a auction with just igNition key. The cyclinder was changed to ign..and i dont have a door key. Only way in my truck is the fobs. Bought two oem ones and programmed them myself from this forum. They worked fine all year up until last week.

Take the truck and both fobs to a gm dealer and see if they can reprogram them with the tech-2

Je357
05-15-13, 11:22 PM
Now all of a sudden one of the two work. The other one is shot. Im just going to install automatic start and get rid of the gm fobs

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 12:12 AM
Now all of a sudden one of the two work. The other one is shot. Im just going to install automatic start and get rid of the gm fobs

It could be bad batteries in both fobs(mine give me issues when the batteries are weak)

YoshiMan
05-16-13, 01:47 AM
If you don't have a key for the door, you may be able to get one made at a GM dealer if you can show proof of ownership. I'm not sure if they still do this anymore due to theft problems, but it got me out of a jam years and years back.

the cadillac man
05-16-13, 03:09 AM
If you don't have a key for the door, you may be able to get one made at a GM dealer if you can show proof of ownership. I'm not sure if they still do this anymore due to theft problems, but it got me out of a jam years and years back.

I think you also would need the vin off the truck(its on the dash and drivers door)