: Anyone have a driver side cat to sell? Code P0420 thrown.........

PJGross
05-13-13, 03:45 PM
I have a P0420 code thrown.
I am still on stock manifolds and cats. I am itching to do LTs and a re-tune, but right now do not have the free cash flow to get that done.

I was going to swap the pre-cat O2 sensors to make sure the code doesn't swap with the sensors to P0430, but if that comes back with the same, then I'll be looking for a temporary cat to use for the next 10-20k miles.

Running a very rich maggie tune for 80k miles probably didn't help. Car has 102k miles total.

I'm guessing b/c I'm getting this efficiency code the previous owner/tuner kept the rear O2s operational? Makes sense otherwise the computer wouldn't be checking "efficiency".

Anything else easy besides sensor or bank 1 cat to look for? No obvious changes have occurred like leaks, etc.

Thanks,
PJ

PS- what does a driver side cat go for new? (this could be used in an argument towards going with LTs and hi-flow cats, for example) :)

HAMSTAR
05-13-13, 03:46 PM
Yup, where are you located?

darkman
05-13-13, 03:55 PM
Driver's side cat is part number 10358089 with an MRSP of $542.50. The online supplier I looked at wanted $498.33 delivered. Also to consider - the circumstances that affected this cat probably affected the other cat.

NCOGNITO
05-13-13, 04:01 PM
I have a set off my 04, pulled at 30K that I would sell - PM if interested.

4DoorGTZ
05-14-13, 02:03 AM
Also have a set for sale, pulled off at 20k km, but shipping would be from Canada if you wanted to factor that into your decision.

sssnake
05-14-13, 11:48 AM
I have a pair with 65k miles on them. PM if interested.

Destram
05-14-13, 08:53 PM
PM'd you, sssnake.

PJGross
05-15-13, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the replies! Darkman, appreciate the OE replacement info. I didn't have to bug Luke with that.

I will PM repliers, I appreciate the responses.

I guess my WTP (willingness to pay) is based on my NBA (Next Best Alternative) which in this case is one of the following:
1. Find someone local w/ an open HPTuners spot to disable the rear O2s.
2. Get a proper dyno tune that will include #1
3. Install headers/offroad pipes + 1 & 2 above
4. By new OE cat

Anyway, not sure what cats go for used but I'll PM you guys in order and find out.....except for sssnake b/c I'm not going to get into a bidding war. :)

I forgot my location isn't in my posting: Lake Orion, MI, just north of Detroit.

Thanks again,
PJ Gross