: New guy here

95Elly
05-13-13, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone names kevin. Screen Name is what I named my car "Elly"

1995 Cadillac Eldorado non ETC from what i know. (more on bottom)

My Grandfather bought this car for my grandmother 3 years before passing away from smoking. She really loved the car. after my grandfather passed in will i received all cars. Being a car lover (got it from my grandfather) i used to go visit once a month do cleanings and any tune ups when needed. So left me with a couple trucks and 5 Cadillac's olders one was 05 CTS which at the time i already have 5 cars of my own i let lot of cousins who didnt have cars but the 95 I just couldnt let go....

So im here doing research learning lot of things I have really havent known to much on.

I have been in the import scene for sometime now building hondas for track straight and curves fast 1/4 in one of my civic is 11.6 recently been doing lot of work on my 06 Mitsubishi Evolution IX
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/nohatn/evo1_zpsae53a5f6.png

for autocrossing. now before the hate i started with a 68 camaro and did a 454 bored .60 over so much love for muscle and american. but after few maros I went into import scene so lots of learning cant wait the information i learn on here.

I dont believe I have ETC not sure what to look for besides a Badge. Side note had wood trim bose system if that helps....

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/nohatn/IMG_0285_zpse9c2bd13.jpg

yes my friends loving putting the delivery signs on my cars

see..

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/nohatn/Evo5_zps21fe73f4.png

MoistCabbage
05-13-13, 04:14 PM
:welcome:

It's an ESC. An ETC, among other things, would have a body colored grille, less chrome, perforated seats, RSS active suspension, and would be a VIN 9 (8th digit, as opposed to a VIN Y), which is 300 HP, 3.71 final drive. Your's is 275 HP, 3.11 final drive.

Take some time to read all the "stickies" here, and in the Northstar forums, and the entire Cadillac Technical Archives in the black tab at the top of the page.

95Elly
05-13-13, 04:46 PM
i have played with them. thats why i decided to join.

Ranger
05-13-13, 09:13 PM

rundunnyrun
05-14-13, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=MoistCabbage;3312259]:welcome:

It's an ESC. An ETC, among other things, would have a body colored grille, less chrome, perforated seats, RSS active suspension, and would be a VIN 9 (8th digit, as opposed to a VIN Y), which is 300 HP, 3.71 final drive. Your's is 275 HP, 3.11 final drive[/QOUTE]

I did not know all that !!

jammgm
05-16-13, 02:39 PM
Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum!
I'm a fellow Eldo owner, (98 ETC) and joined about 2 years ago. This is a great place to find information about your Eldorado and has helped me fix many things on my car. The guys who moderate it (Ranger, Submariner, etc) are great and all the other caddy owners have provided a lot of help and information.
If you're looking for something, I'd recommend searching first then posting your problem if you cant find anything.

Good luck and again... welcome!

Jim

Tony Alvarado
05-17-13, 07:10 AM
Welcome Kev. You're in the right place. Google anything cadillac and you'll end up here anyway. Good luck and have fun with those 5 cadillacs.

MrHolland
05-18-13, 01:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!