: Factory Backup Camera for 2012 CTS without Nav Screen

Jordonr
05-13-13, 01:02 PM
I have a 2012 CTS performance without the Nav screen option and would like to add a factory backup camera using an OnStar/backup camera rear view mirror and retrofitted backup camera in the trunk lid, just as the factory does.

Does anyone know if the 2012 CTS performance model factory wiring harness have plugs for the rearview mirror and trunk lid camera already in the wiring harness therby making this a plug-and-play option?

If so, I have found used OnStar/back up camera rearview mirrors for sale on eBay but have not found a source for the factory backup camera itself (except from the Cadillac dealer and they are expensive - $250 +) but if they are indeed plug & play, it would be a good, factory style option.

I have done my best reading the thread for installing a backup camera on 2008-2010 CSTs but I have not found any information related to a 2012 (hence the 2008-2010 thread title).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jordonr

Cuest
05-14-13, 02:00 PM
Weird that it's a performance package and it didn't come with the rear view mirror back up camera. I have a 2012 CTS Performance Coupe and it came with this option.

Jordonr
05-15-13, 04:58 PM
What can I say, it is not there!