: Escalade Left Channel Speakers not working

af908
05-13-13, 10:51 AM
Hey guys, my driver's side speakers don't seem to be working as loud as the other speakers. I have to move the fade almost all the way to the left for it to sound balanced. Any idea where to start? I'm thinking it might be the factory amp going bad maybe?

the cadillac man
05-13-13, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, my driver's side speakers don't seem to be working as loud as the other speakers. I have to move the fade almost all the way to the left for it to sound balanced. Any idea where to start? I'm thinking it might be the factory amp going bad maybe?

If you are getting chimes then most likely its the radio
If no chimes its in the amp

af908
05-14-13, 09:07 AM
Well, i thought i had chimes, but upon further investigation i dont. I also noticed that it is just the drivers side door speaker not working... all other speakers on that side work. I swear that door speaker had some sound at one point though. What speaker is the chime supposed to come from? Is it the driver's side door speaker only?

the cadillac man
05-14-13, 05:00 PM
Well, i thought i had chimes, but upon further investigation i dont. I also noticed that it is just the drivers side door speaker not working... all other speakers on that side work. I swear that door speaker had some sound at one point though. What speaker is the chime supposed to come from? Is it the driver's side door speaker only?

The chimes work from the left front channel only(driver door speaker and a pillar tweeter)
If you want I can tell you how to remove the door panel to check the speaker

af908
05-15-13, 09:19 AM
The chimes work from the left front channel only(driver door speaker and a pillar tweeter)
If you want I can tell you how to remove the door panel to check the speaker

Ahh, well my apillar speaker IS working, and no chimes. Tried door open, keys in ignition, ignition off. Car running, in drive, door open - nothing.

Since that speaker is working and yet i have no chimes, according to what you say i must have a bad amp then right?

the cadillac man
05-15-13, 12:45 PM
Ahh, well my apillar speaker IS working, and no chimes. Tried door open, keys in ignition, ignition off. Car running, in drive, door open - nothing.

Since that speaker is working and yet i have no chimes, according to what you say i must have a bad amp then right?

Bad speaker(the a piller tweeter and drivers door speaker are on the same channel)