: 2005 Cadillac Escalade Ext - What is the best Braking and Suspension System Upgrade?

Escalade420
05-13-13, 10:52 AM
Hey Guys

I am essentially looking to customize my truck for summer.

What is the best Braking and Suspension System Upgrade for a 2005 Escalade Ext?

Would it be Air Suspension?

What would be a proper exhaust/Cold Air Intake upgrade? cost ? website??

What would you guys recommend for the best low pro tires? any specific brands
I have 22"rims

Would I be required to upgrade any additional part to compensate?
I currently

Also currently my exterior color is black and interior is beige.

Does anyone know a site or contact that would be able to help me customize my interior to black???

I was looking to change the seats to black leather- Heated and Cooled Front and Rear Seats or Heated for Both at least

I reside in Canada

Thanks For The Help

the cadillac man
05-13-13, 12:51 PM
Hey Guys

I am essentially looking to customize my truck for summer.

What is the best Braking and Suspension System Upgrade for a 2005 Escalade Ext?

Would it be Air Suspension?

What would be a proper exhaust/Cold Air Intake upgrade? cost ? website??

What would you guys recommend for the best low pro tires? any specific brands
I have 22"rims

Would I be required to upgrade any additional part to compensate?
I currently

Also currently my exterior color is black and interior is beige.

Does anyone know a site or contact that would be able to help me customize my interior to black???

I was looking to change the seats to black leather- Heated and Cooled Front and Rear Seats or Heated for Both at least

I reside in Canada

Thanks For The Help

There was a member on here that did a full air suspension

Here is a site for a cold air intake www.carid.com

Not sure on the tires as I have 17's

The seat shop website is a good place for the seat cushions

The heated seats is common in all escalades the heated and cooled seats are platinum only (different seat modules and wiring)

Welcome to the forum I know you will enjoy it here

sprink60
05-14-13, 02:18 AM
As for tires...I have a preference for Michelin or Bridgestone. I have run 250000 miles on each brand and feel they offer superior performance over most others.

The best bang for the buck for brakes is "Yellow Stuff" pads on OEM rotors.

Hotchkis has a sway bar and bushing kit for the Escalade that flattens the cornering dramatically.

Done properly SSM makes a fantastic leather dye that you could go black over a light color with...but to look perfect find a custom shop and write the "Big Check".

Escalade420
06-06-13, 10:08 AM
Thank You so much for your help I picked up "yellow stuff " and have gotten my tires : D
last question- Would I be able to put in "heated/cooled" platinum cadillac seats in my truck.
would I have to rewire ??

may someone assist me please.

----------

Thank You so much for your help I picked up "yellow stuff " and have gotten my tires : D
last question- Would I be able to put in "heated/cooled" platinum cadillac seats in my truck.
would I have to rewire ??

may someone assist me please.

Machinehead
06-07-13, 10:12 AM
I have an 04 platinum edition, the seat's are heated and adjustable in every way possible but no cooling, I'm all most certain the newer ones are but I'm not sure how the cooling works (though I'm pretty sure it's more than wiring you'll have to deal with).

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 01:12 PM
I have an 04 platinum edition, the seat's are heated and adjustable in every way possible but no cooling, I'm all most certain the newer ones are but I'm not sure how the cooling works (though I'm pretty sure it's more than wiring you'll have to deal with).

It should have cooled seats also I think its the same controls as the heated seats

Machinehead
06-07-13, 02:11 PM
Just checked my manual, it was only available in the esv version (cooled seats)

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 06:04 PM
Just checked my manual, it was only available in the esv version (cooled seats)

Odd I thought it was on the regular platinum package

rfishoutofwater
06-08-13, 04:32 AM
I have an 05 esv platinum and it has both the heated and cooled seats. Odd that the platinum in the regular escalades didn't have this.

the cadillac man
06-08-13, 11:01 AM
I have an 05 esv platinum and it has both the heated and cooled seats. Odd that the platinum in the regular escalades didn't have this.

I agree it is odd that gm did this(I guess it means if I get a newer escalade it will be a esv