: What are some good tires.

zek4964
05-13-13, 07:49 AM
I need 18" tires for my CTS Sport. any sugestions.

johnmclaren
05-13-13, 08:02 AM
The specifications on the tyres are the ones which tell a lot about the tyre.

OMG
05-13-13, 09:07 AM
Depends on what your Criterias are. i'll probably be replacing my Pirelli Pzeros that were on mine when I got it this fall with new tires. If I do it will be with Continental DWS. Best snow and treadwear in it's class, quiet and although not the "sportiest" in it's class it is more then adequate for me and still outclasses many other tires in other categories while also being the most affordable in it's class (ultra high perfomance all-season). Let us know what your requirements and expectations are and we can hive you more suggestions.

Pdabs
05-13-13, 09:40 AM
Had conti dws for 10k now. Not very sporty but treated me very well this past winter.
Two tires developed bubbles in the sidewall. One was worn 2/32nd the other 3/32 so only one tire was replaced under warranty the other they gave me at 75% off.
Was a little disappointed about the bubbles in the sidewall but overall I'm happy with the tires.

Tbbt
05-13-13, 09:55 AM
As OMG said, tell us more about your car, your driving style, and requirements for weather. There way too many variables to answer without more information. What tires do you have now and how did you like them? How many miles did you get on these tires? Etc.

zek4964
05-13-13, 10:25 AM
I think they are the origanal tires they have about 70K on them and are very bald. The car is rear wheel drive and it is driven all year even in some snow. I would need all weather tires not sure what I have on it now my wife drives it I will check. The car is rear wheel drive.

tinman
05-13-13, 12:12 PM
You may or may not know, but www.tirerack.com (http://www.tirerack.com) is a great site for finding out about tires. You can type in your criteria and it will recommend many different tires. Then you can do some side by side comparos and decide what you want out of your tire. For example, I like wet handling along with dry handling as it rains a lot during the summer afternoons here. Tirerack allows me to find tires with these characteristics. Good place to get some first impressions.

Mrmiker56
05-13-13, 03:41 PM
This is my second CTS so I have been thru several sets of tires. I had a 2005 3.6 Lux Sport which came with 17" Goodyear RSAs. They wore out pretty quickly in my opinion (23K) but overall good ride. I tried the Bridgestone Potenza 960s next. Much sportier tire, harsher ride but wore a bit better. Finally tried the Continental All Season. By far the best ride. Completely different ride (transformed the car in a good way). Also decent in snow. I sold the car after 25K on the Continentals so I don't know how long they would have lasted but I loved the Continentals the best of the three. I find I like a more cushy ride in my old age.

I now have a 2011 Premium 3.6 AWD that comes standard with the 19" Goodyear RSAs mark 2 (apparently they have been reformulated)... 15,000 miles and all is well. Excellent ride. I will see how they wear. We didn't have any significant snow this past winter but I have the AWD. If they wear well I may be happy to keep the Goodyears.

gohawks63
05-13-13, 04:19 PM
I need 18" tires for my CTS Sport. any sugestions.

I've been happy with the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4s (W Rated) tires that came standard on my '12 Coupe. My son has the same tire on his '09 Mazda Grand Touring S (V6). We just had to replace them on the Mazda after 38K miles and they were a bit pricier over the rest, but everyone I spoke to basically said that it's Michelin and then you have the rest.

tinman
05-13-13, 06:41 PM
I've been happy with the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4s (W Rated) tires that came standard on my '12 Coupe. My son has the same tire on his '09 Mazda Grand Touring S (V6). We just had to replace them on the Mazda after 38K miles and they were a bit pricier over the rest, but everyone I spoke to basically said that it's Michelin and then you have the rest.

Perfect! This is why to each his own. I had those tires and hated them. It is entirely up to the individual and what they want out of a tire.

zek4964
05-14-13, 08:54 AM
I will check out tiretracks we have one in my little town but they seem to never have anything in stock i will have to order them if I find a set I like.

tinman
05-14-13, 08:56 AM
I will check out tiretracks we have one in my little town but they seem to never have anything in stock i will have to order them if I find a set I like.

Tiretracks is different from Tire Rack and the link I had in my previous post.

caddad08
05-14-13, 11:55 AM
I replaced mine a few months ago and went with Cooper Zeon RS3A and I am very happy with the ride, quietness and grip in wet weather!

is250sp
05-14-13, 01:41 PM
"good" as in price/performance or tasty? :)