: Hey, what's that noise?

USe-car
05-12-13, 07:30 PM
ATS with the 3.6 V-6. I get kind of a clicking sound at idle coming from the left side of the engine (right side when I open the hood and look at it). I see an aluminum canister with a round head on it mounted to the left side of the engine. When I hold a screwdriver to it, I hear lots of mechanical noise inside of it. What is it?

Also, does anyone else have a bit of a rough idle? As it idles, it will stumble for a split second about every 10-15 seconds. Am I the only one? Thanks for the responses.

Rifle and rucksack
05-12-13, 08:08 PM
No mine has the stumble also. Usually when I come to a prolonged stop at a light or something. No other noise though.

nc-atsman
05-12-13, 09:37 PM
Clicking noise is direct injection - not an issue.

M5eater
05-14-13, 09:25 AM
the round canister is your oil filter cartrige. I suspect your either hearing the pressure relief valve working or oil flowing through the filter.

As for the stumbling, I've no idea. Beyond the normal possible ignition problems iirc the LFX is an EGR-less system that uses the cam phasers to intermix exhaust gases into the combustion cycle. The stubmle may be the phasers intermixing the exhaust-gases on the fly causing a slight stumble. It really depends on a bunch of things impossible to diagnose over the internet.

Check with your dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-15-13, 08:18 PM
USe-car,
Let us know if you decide to go into your dealership to get the noise and rough idle checked out. We want to make sure to be available to you should you need us and can be reached directly here on the forum via private message.

Regards,
Sarah
Cadillac Customer Care