: New custom LED headlights with angel eyes -

coltmckinney
05-12-13, 07:01 PM
I bought these headlights from CarId on EBay and installed and they worked for about a month but then failed. I returned them and they sent me a new pair. Had to go through the trouble of re-installing, not to mention that they come with the hi-beam and low-beam reversed so I had to re-wire. Then the new lights failed after a month too. (both low beams and one hi beam do not come on). What I've narrowed it down to is the connector on these after-market headlights: it doesn't click shut so I had to tape it so it wouldn't wiggle off. Didn't work. Made in China. Now CarId won't let me return them.

I would just buy a new pair but I really like the way these lights look. Has anyone else had experience with these particular headlights?

thebigjimsho
05-12-13, 08:14 PM
Pretty much any aftermarket lighting looks cheap. Sorry yours had the performance to match...

DrSpeed
05-13-13, 01:08 PM
Is the custom part the taping of electrical connectors?

Or the custom reverse wiring of the and beam projection of the high and low beams?

coltmckinney
05-13-13, 04:22 PM
I had to re-wire the hi-beams to the low beams. But have since discovered that the after-market connector itself doesn't click shut with the OEM wiring harness. So it stays loose.
Today I bought some new, brighter bulbs to install into the light housings then will attempt to figure out how to properly connect the light housing to the wiring harness without it being loose.
Not sure all this is worht it....

coltmckinney
05-13-13, 05:32 PM
OK, I bought upgraded lights, installed the bulbs and wa-la! All are working now. Interesting that when one bulb went bad, it reaked havoc on all the other lights.
They still don't click shut so I used electrical tape to hopefully keep them from wiggling off...

brack86svo
05-13-13, 09:22 PM
I'm with DrSpeed, you made the title of this thread very misleading.

thebigjimsho
05-14-13, 11:01 AM
OK, I bought upgraded lights, installed the bulbs and wa-la! All are working now. Interesting that when one bulb went bad, it reaked havoc on all the other lights.
They still don't click shut so I used electrical tape to hopefully keep them from wiggling off...

It's voila.

Skidmarcx
05-14-13, 06:06 PM
So basically these aftermarket lights are garbage... Just like the rest of them out there

Submariner409
05-14-13, 07:27 PM
Play nice and treat each other with respect or the vacations from CF start.

ls6v
05-14-13, 08:49 PM
Play nice and treat each other with respect or the vacations from CF start.

Nobody stands up for the guy just trying to be a part of the forum so I did this time. But I understand.

DrSpeed
05-15-13, 01:53 PM
You want an award for throwing yourself on the hand grenade? Wow...sure.

ls6v
05-15-13, 04:08 PM
Not being a douche is it's own reward