: A positive HG repair experience

codewize
05-12-13, 10:15 AM
More often than not especially in the news as well as online forums we focus on all the bad things happening around us. So I wanted to take the time to post some news about a positive experience with another forum member, Joe Tahoe.

Joe and I have been in discussion regarding my 2002 DTS for a while now. If any of you have followed the threads you'll know that I had some very odd ball head gasket symptoms. So after replacing everything else on the car we finally determined that the head gaskets were in fact the issue.

Once I was sure the head gaskets were the problem, I got back in touch with Joe and asked him to do the job. We worked with Jake to obtain the stud kit who drop shipped the parts to Joe's Garage.

As far as I'm concerned Joe is a Northstar master. He obviously knows the cars and engines, inside and out, forward and back. He's professional, kind and honest. Exactly the kind of person I want working on my cars. Additionally he has a true passion for the cars and shows genuine concern for each and every one that comes through his shop.

The only other thing I can say about my experience during this project is the 6 hour round trip, twice, was worth every minute.

Ranger
05-12-13, 12:42 PM
I didn't realize Joe did this professionally. Way to go Joe. :thumbsup:

vincentm
05-12-13, 01:36 PM
Awesome mechanic, i've enjoyed reading his thread about the 99 STS he rescued.

97EldoCoupe
05-12-13, 02:22 PM
Joe is no amateur that is for sure. There are wrench turners and then there are mechanics. Huge difference. Joe is a true mechanic.

Glad to have been able to help Codewise (Aaron), enjoy the WOT performance of that DTS.

JoeTahoe
05-12-13, 02:48 PM
It was a pleasure to help Codewize and get his wifes baby back on the road. As I have said before I would have never tried fixing or owning a Northstar powered caddy until I talked to jake he is a true friend and I have never met him. I now love the Northstar it is truly a awesome power plant. Thank you Aaron for allowing me to help a fellow caddy lover, Joe