: Dropped my ATS off for service

Rongotti
05-12-13, 01:46 AM
So I took my ATS in for servicing and made an appointment to get a loaner car. I got the Que update, wanted them to check the heater knock, the reverse issue with the side mirrors and the seat as it shifts when I am turning. I was told the seat issue was normal and there was nothing they can do :thumbdown: oh well. So he pulls around with an XTS, I was happy because I would want to always drive something different than what I have. That thing is a boat! And way underpowered! I did however love a couple things I wish mine had. The LED interior lighting is awesome, I am going to swap out my interior bulbs with these. I also loved the interior mood lighting in the doors. The HID headlights which I will do soon and the push button glove box was neat. It also did not have a gas cap which is sick! Overall, I missed my ATS and was very glad to get her back. Let the minor mods begin :cool:

USe-car
05-12-13, 09:54 AM
It also did not have a gas cap which is sick!

No gas cap? You mean that someone forgot to reattach it after they filled with fuel?

gohawks63
05-12-13, 10:16 AM
No gas cap? You mean that someone forgot to reattach it after they filled with fuel?

No. He is referring to the capless system in the XTS.

DavidL
05-12-13, 11:29 AM
I have the same feeling regarding the XTS: Some nice touches, but much prefer my ATS.

M5eater
05-12-13, 11:33 AM
No. He is referring to the capless system in the XTS.

Ford is big on this.

http://www.carprousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Capless-Gas-Tank-e1336008599978.jpg

Rongotti
05-12-13, 02:56 PM
I definitely thought it was cool, especially since my damn cap always falls off and bangs into my paint :mad:

thebigjimsho
05-12-13, 03:24 PM
You mean you don't hang it over the nozzle as you fill? There are ways to keep the cap off the paint...

Rongotti
05-12-13, 03:53 PM
No I "try" to use the hook on the door, but I think I am going to remove the tether and then I can stick it anywhere I want to.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-12-13, 04:42 PM
So I took my ATS in for servicing and made an appointment to get a loaner car. I got the Que update, wanted them to check the heater knock, the reverse issue with the side mirrors and the seat as it shifts when I am turning. I was told the seat issue was normal and there was nothing they can do :thumbdown: oh well. So he pulls around with an XTS, I was happy because I would want to always drive something different than what I have. That thing is a boat! And way underpowered! I did however love a couple things I wish mine had. The LED interior lighting is awesome, I am going to swap out my interior bulbs with these. I also loved the interior mood lighting in the doors. The HID headlights which I will do soon and the push button glove box was neat. It also did not have a gas cap which is sick! Overall, I missed my ATS and was very glad to get her back. Let the minor mods begin :cool:

Hello Rongotti,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the XTS. I hope your modifications in your ATS go well and you enjoy driving her around :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

is3_ftw
05-12-13, 05:00 PM
No I "try" to use the hook on the door, but I think I am going to remove the tether and then I can stick it anywhere I want to.

Just don't forget where u left the cap. I see so many gas caps left on top of the pump from some dummy forgetting where they put it. I have seen people driving with there gas door open and no gas cap. "shaking head"

M5eater
05-12-13, 07:03 PM
I definitely thought it was cool, especially since my damn cap always falls off and bangs into my paint :mad:

There's always a mechanism or device to prevent this. In GM cars it's usually just a loop on the door to hang it off the teather.

like so..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=179161&stc=1&d=1288795226

USe-car
05-12-13, 07:32 PM
No. He is referring to the capless system in the XTS. Thanks, Hawks. I didn't know about that type of filler.

Rongotti
05-12-13, 08:17 PM
There's always a mechanism or device to prevent this. In GM cars it's usually just a loop on the door to hang it off the teather.

like so..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=179161&stc=1&d=1288795226

LOL wow, I always clip the bottom of the cap on that clip not the tether itself, thanks for the pic, that will save me next time :)

gohawks63
05-12-13, 09:29 PM

like so..

What am I missing? That hook already exists on my CTS coupe.

73JPS
05-12-13, 11:55 PM
From page 9-65 of the owner's manual: "While refueling, hang the tethered fuel cap from the hook on the fuel door."

Geez, doesn't anyone read this document???

I'm kidding of course. I only looked it up after reading this post, and must confess that I have left my fuel cap hanging during refueling whilst cursing the whole time :)

Fraggy
05-13-13, 01:15 AM
From page 9-65 of the owner's manual: "While refueling, hang the tethered fuel cap from the hook on the fuel door."

Geez, doesn't anyone read this document???

I'm kidding of course. I only looked it up after reading this post, and must confess that I have left my fuel cap hanging during refueling whilst cursing the whole time :)

Lol. I was almost the same and then it just came to me, hang it on the hook, then I thought, that's a very simple solution.

73JPS
05-13-13, 11:46 PM
In fairness to us confused folk, though: the 'hook' rather has the look of something that is used to secure the gas filler door to the car rather than a place to hang the filler cap lanyard, no? On the ATS it's waaaay outboard, to the outer edge of the door, and looks nothing like the securing hook shown in the picture posted by M5eater.

AtlantaGuy00
05-14-13, 10:36 AM
So the drivers seat creaking and shaking around is normal? I brought this up with the dealer once but the didn't address it properly. I am planning on addressing it with them again. There is another old thread on this somewhere, and as I recall one person's dealer repaired the seat and another dealer replaced the seat. So, it's worth another shot. In a $45-50K car, none of these issues that we discuss should be "normal" except obvious design issues like the way the gas cap works. But a drivers seat that feels like one straight out of a 1971 VW Bug. Nope.

Rongotti
05-14-13, 10:52 AM
So the drivers seat creaking and shaking around is normal? I brought this up with the dealer once but the didn't address it properly. I am planning on addressing it with them again. There is another old thread on this somewhere, and as I recall one person's dealer repaired the seat and another dealer replaced the seat. So, it's worth another shot. In a $45-50K car, none of these issues that we discuss should be "normal" except obvious design issues like the way the gas cap works. But a drivers seat that feels like one straight out of a 1971 VW Bug. Nope.

Thats what I was told, if he was wrong I would love to know about it. It definitely is an annoyance for me :(

M5eater
05-14-13, 11:24 AM
What am I missing? That hook already exists on my CTS coupe.
I've no idea what you're missing?

gohawks63
05-14-13, 02:11 PM
I've no idea what you're missing?

My point was that it seemed like this was something new. The CTS' have had this hook.

Caddy Chris
05-15-13, 02:56 PM
The gas cap thing is kind of self explainatory. You can look at it and figure it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-16-13, 01:29 PM

We're sorry that you don't feel the seat concern you're having was properly addressed by your dealership. Let us know if we can check into this further for you in any way - we can be reached via private message (include your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation).

All the best,
Sarah
Cadillac Customer Care

AdamVIP
05-16-13, 02:49 PM
I had a similar scenario with the seat and was told its normal.

There are two scenarios for shifting in the seat that I've noticed. One is a design flaw and the other seems to be harder to lock down.

The thigh support design is bad. When the thigh support is pulled out it is only supported by a single middle slide mechanism. being that your legs are on either edge you naturally create torque forces on the middle slide and it twists and wiggles. They should have put a slide on either side of the seat to resist the forces. I don't think dealers will ever be able to fix the thigh support without Cadillac fixing the poor engineering. My dealers fix was to return the car with the thigh support pushed back in. Interestingly enough my seat has a crinkly noise (seat heater maybe?) that I hear when I put the thigh support in but it is better than the wiggle of the support when out.

The second movement seems to be somewhere in the seat pad. I notice it when I make left turns. Its a noticeable click that I can feel but I cant seem to replicate it by wiggling around when not in a corner. I almost think this may be an issue not with the seat but something else that happens to vibrate up through the seat attachment.

To be honest I'm not entirely satisfied with the seats. For a car sold on performance I would expect to be able to go around a turn without worrying about my seat dislodging. I love the way the car drives but I'm glad its a lease.

Steve247
05-18-13, 02:45 AM
Go back to the dealership ! I had the same issue with my seat and had them fix it. Constant knocking noise when turning ! Finally fixed and it NOT normal !!!