: Service Tire Monitor

misscadillac
05-12-13, 01:15 AM
I just put my 22' rims on my 05 Escalade and its telling me Service Tire Monitor can someone please let me know what that is or what i need to do!? Thanks

wesyder
05-12-13, 02:03 AM
I just put my 22' rims on my 05 Escalade and its telling me Service Tire Monitor can someone please let me know what that is or what i need to do!? Thanks

There are sensors in the factory wheels, if possible the sensors need to be installed in the 22inch wheels and programmed

sprink60
05-12-13, 09:55 AM
Apparently your 22" rims didn't come with sensors that are compatible with your vehicle.

As a comparison...when I put 22" on my '05 Escalade I swapped the sensors from the OEM 17" rims to the new 22"...the computer in the Escalade immediately recognized them.

Caddy2004X
05-14-13, 04:51 AM
Yes, I agree you need to remove them or you can replace then with other escalade used sensors. No need to reprogram them, just install them. The 04 had just basic sensors, nothing special. I have 24's on my truck, blacked out the light with electrical tape. I always check my tire pressure just about every week anyway, and I'm always looking at my tires when I get into my truck. I've always had 24's on all my trucks. Size pressure and messed up roads have taught me a good lesson. You can also purchase generic sensors which will work just as good.