Cadillac Owners Forum banner

spare tire ideas

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  the blur 
#1 ·
has anyone tried to put a stock tire or winter tire as a spare in the holding area of the V? i have the wagon and it looks like the stock plastic spare tire tub is too small to fit a V tire. But it also looks like the tub could be removed without too much trouble, and then any tire could be mounted underneath the rear floor panel. anyone tried this?

#3 ·
Here's my wagon. I didn't have to mod my tire storage area at all. I have a thin layer of foam at the bottom to keep the spare wheel from scratching. With the wheel face down, there is room for the stock subwoofer. HTH.

#5 ·
See link in post #2. That's what I use. I purchased setup at Eurotek, but you can also make your own spare from GM parts and a spacer as described later in the linked thread.

#6 ·
I went with buying the spare tire kit from GM, and the spacer from the company listed in the thread. I think it came to around $450 or so if I remember correctly. Around half as much as the Eurotek kit for the same thing really.

I dont think you are going to fit a stock size tire there, unless you dont care if the floor above it does not lay flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.