: 04 escalade driver side rear air shock rubber ripped

Je357
05-11-13, 10:29 PM
The rubber boot on mine 04 driver side air shock is ripped. Should i just replace the one. Or just do both? Not sure if its leaking either. Truck Sits fine. I towed a motorcycle and trailer no problem? Also have some wobble coming from the driver side when i hit bumps. Could this be the ripped air shock problem. Feels kinda unstable at times. Any imput will be greatly appreciated

sprink60
05-11-13, 11:29 PM
Replace the pair...if one is gone the other will follow soon. Running it split you are probably over working the air compressor and whent it's gone get ready to replace it as well. The Escalade needs the rear Air Ride to complete the entire "Stabilitrac " dynamic. You just think it drives ok now...wait until you get it right...big difference.

the cadillac man
05-12-13, 02:47 AM
Replace the pair...if one is gone the other will follow soon. Running it split you are probably over working the air compressor and whent it's gone get ready to replace it as well. The Escalade needs the rear Air Ride to complete the entire "Stabilitrac " dynamic. You just think it drives ok now...wait until you get it right...big difference.

I agree it is a big difference

Je357
05-13-13, 04:12 PM
Yea i figured thAt. I ordered both already. Ill let u know how it feels after i install them. Thanks.

sosatyme72
05-13-13, 05:39 PM
i have a question how do you know if the shocks are good is there a way to test or do something , inspect?? I just had my esv for 2 months so Im new to the truck , ride feels good anything is better then riding in a lowered bmw.. but just checking...thanks

the cadillac man
05-13-13, 10:55 PM
i have a question how do you know if the shocks are good is there a way to test or do something , inspect?? I just had my esv for 2 months so Im new to the truck , ride feels good anything is better then riding in a lowered bmw.. but just checking...thanks

Spray the shocks with some soapy water and work the back end of the truck while watching for bubbles

Je357
05-21-13, 08:56 PM
Replaced both rear shocks with the monroe 40034's ....installation was simple. Used a jack and one jackstand for saftey. Did one side at a time. Took it for a test ride to work this morning and what a f-ing difference. Truck is alot tighter on bumps and turns. :)

the cadillac man
05-21-13, 09:05 PM
Replaced both rear shocks with the monroe 40034's ....installation was simple. Used a jack and one jackstand for saftey. Did one side at a time. Took it for a test ride to work this morning and what a f-ing difference. Truck is alot tighter on bumps and turns. :)

Told ya it makes a difference
Glad to hear you got them replaced
I put the order in for mine last night (waiting for them to ship)
I already have the compressor

sosatyme72
05-31-13, 07:55 PM
where did you get them from and how much?? both my rear shocks the rubber part is ripped so time to replace...

YoshiMan
06-01-13, 05:57 PM
I need to do this!